Lt. Commander
Alright, I currently have 4 CXP ranks up to max: Diplomacy, Development, Medical and Trade.

I've been running DOFF missions with my main character since day 1 of the Duty Officer system, and I'm about to hit rank 4 with 4 other skills. The new Jem'Hadar/Cardassian DOFF missions with much higher amounts of cxp have really sped things up.

So anyway, I'm hoping the system will be expanded to Rank 5 soon...

On a side note, Colonial and Recruitment are going MUCH slower than the rest of the commendation ranks, so that might need to be addressed soon too.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Piecing together things Heretic's said going back to beta, tier 5 and maybe 6 are supposed to be coming with fleet starbases (he also said at some point "This isn't by coincidence" but I think that was lost when they got rid of all the S5 test subforums), which looks like season 6 based on things other devs have said. No indication of how far away that is, but season shave been averaging around 6 months, putting it around this summer.

After the first person hit tier 4 in everything, he also made a comment that looks like 5 and 6 might be a pretty daunting grind compared to 1-4.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Well tier 5 would be 200,000 CXP and 6 400,000 CXP.

But considering how many 500 and 1000+ CXP missions there are now, you can figure it might only take 100-200 missions to get 100,000 CXP now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostamojen View Post
On a side note, Colonial and Recruitment are going MUCH slower than the rest of the commendation ranks, so that might need to be addressed soon too.
Colonial was actually the first one I got to T4 and Recruitment was my 4th to T4 (Engineering and Diplomacy were 2 and 3 respectively). Colonial was also my first to Max with Recruitment being the 3rd to Max (Engineering being 2nd). Slowest for me now are Diplomacy (not seeing a lot of those and most of the ones I do see are lo CXP givers), and Espionage. Exploration was my last to hit T4 and my lowest in terms of CXP, but it was also the last one I focused on because, while there are plenty of missions, they are mainly low CXP
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Development is actually my slow one. If you don't Tour the Galaxy regularly, Exploration is slow.

Recruitment is not that slow. Every asylum, support, officer exchange, and BOff mission gives recruit cxp, and *you should be doing all of those as often as you can*.

Colonial is really fast. Do all the chains, then hit Additional Military Base and Listening Post for sweet Colonial cxp payouts. Was my 2nd T4 after Engineering, and i've got 4 now. (The best Colonial cxp assignments are not incoincidentally also great sources of Eng cxp.)

Listening Post and Additional Mil Base not only have great cxp rewards, they have basically no fail chance and can easily crank 25% or higher crit chance for even sweeter payouts.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Additional Commendation tiers is something we are going to need at some point, in my opinion, and given the progress people have made since the system was released, I think we are getting close to the time where that is appropriate.

At this point, the main thing holding this up is the desire to fill out the rewards for the existing tiers better before we add additional ones.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
At this point, the main thing holding this up is the desire to fill out the rewards for the existing tiers better before we add additional ones.
I figured organizing the rewards was an issue...

Looking at it now, it seems it might require additional purple DOFF's for the vendor (Maybe some Resolve DOFF's?), along with new titles and such. I'm sure its a more lengthy process than any of us players realize.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar_99 View Post
Colonial was actually the first one I got to T4 and Recruitment was my 4th to T4 (Engineering and Diplomacy were 2 and 3 respectively). Colonial was also my first to Max with Recruitment being the 3rd to Max (Engineering being 2nd). Slowest for me now are Diplomacy (not seeing a lot of those and most of the ones I do see are lo CXP givers), and Espionage. Exploration was my last to hit T4 and my lowest in terms of CXP, but it was also the last one I focused on because, while there are plenty of missions, they are mainly low CXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
Development is actually my slow one. If you don't Tour the Galaxy regularly, Exploration is slow.

Recruitment is not that slow. Every asylum, support, officer exchange, and BOff mission gives recruit cxp, and *you should be doing all of those as often as you can*.

Colonial is really fast. Do all the chains, then hit Additional Military Base and Listening Post for sweet Colonial cxp payouts. Was my 2nd T4 after Engineering, and i've got 4 now. (The best Colonial cxp assignments are not incoincidentally also great sources of Eng cxp.)

Listening Post and Additional Mil Base not only have great cxp rewards, they have basically no fail chance and can easily crank 25% or higher crit chance for even sweeter payouts.
The chains haven't been out that long, and the colonial ones require travel to various places in order to complete them. I tend to just stay put in orbit of ESD or DS9 and switch between zones to max out my DOFF missions daily.

As for recruitment, my DOFF's are fairly organized with the required amounts of specific types in order to complete various missions that require 4-5 duty officers and give high CXP rewards. I don't have room for extra DOFF's, so doing the recruitment missions or asylum missions (excluding the Cadre pack mission, I have ALWAYS done those) I don't have the luxury of completing those missions.

It would be really nice if there was some sort of way to claim the mission but not keep the duty officers from those recruitment missions...
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Quote:
The chains haven't been out that long, and the colonial ones require travel to various places in order to complete them. I tend to just stay put in orbit of ESD or DS9 and switch between zones to max out my DOFF missions daily.
Then, in reply to your first quoted comment, NO, it doesn't need to be addressed, since you just don't want to do the missions that give you those Commendation Tiers. That would be like me not wanting to leave ESD and complaining I wasn't getting any of the New Commodities like Jevonite or Tulaberries and saying that needed to be addressed.

As for the Chains not being out long, they have been out since the beginning of the DOFF system (The Colony ones at least).

The point behind the DOFF system, as stated by Heretic, is to get out there and explore. If you aren't going but 2 places you aren't using the DOFF system how it is supposed to be used, and thus your results will be very skewed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar_99 View Post
Then, in reply to your first quoted comment, NO, it doesn't need to be addressed, since you just don't want to do the missions that give you those Commendation Tiers. That would be like me not wanting to leave ESD and complaining I wasn't getting any of the New Commodities like Jevonite or Tulaberries and saying that needed to be addressed.

As for the Chains not being out long, they have been out since the beginning of the DOFF system (The Colony ones at least).

The point behind the DOFF system, as stated by Heretic, is to get out there and explore. If you aren't going but 2 places you aren't using the DOFF system how it is supposed to be used, and thus your results will be very skewed.
I figure I'll go hunting for these other missions after I finish up the few classes I have about ready to hit rank 4.

But with the changes to the game making everything end-game Que'd, and making Transwarp so accessible, flying around the galaxy going through loading screen after endless loading screens hasn't been necessary. Especially when early on, and even now with the changes to the system, a lot of the GOOD worth while missions are located in either ESD area zones (Academy for recruitment and development, ESD for turn in contraband) or in DS9 area zones (haggling for jevonite/etc.), leaving these zones isn't worth spending the hours it takes to fly around every day and find the other Duty Officer missions.

And the problem is compounded if you are trying to do this with multiple characters, or trying to do shorter-duration DOFF missions (which I don't, I aim for the longer term high-CXP missions). I spent a couple weeks focusing on DS9 space harvesting the rare commodities, and now I'm focusing on Dilithium missions and Contraband in the ESD area. But if it requires flying around to complete Colonial quicker, I'll obviously have to do so, its the only one I'm currently having issues with finding good missions for.