Lt. Commander
# 11
04-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Well since they cut in half the buff that shield console gives out during the last patch... it would be nice if you could keep our now puny shields alive a bit longer by using skills that were once rendered unless.

Before this.. why would you even have RSPIII? It was pointless after its Nerf. So make shields more squishy and counter balance with some powers to keep them up.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-09-2012, 02:26 PM
still no word on the armor bug zero ?
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post
Before this.. why would you even have RSPIII? It was pointless after its Nerf. So make shields more squishy and counter balance with some powers to keep them up.
Granted, increasing the difference between RSP1 and RSP3 makes sense. But all this is really going to accomplish is making people be more selfish about their heals. They're going to start replacing ES with RSP, and team play is going to suffer.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-09-2012, 02:50 PM
sounds like we will be seeing RSP durations akin to the bad old days, at least the cooldown is still long. and who doesn't spec 9 into shield systems skills?

the sorting out of those energy draining powers is a GREAT, hope the energy siphon drones get effected by this. 5-15 of them hitting you with 5-15 siphons =permanent shutdown till death. there needs to be a cap on how low they can drain you, like 25 to all systems. shutdowns that last longer then a few seconds are BAD, and incredibly overpowered, and infuriating. at least it sounds like HE will give you several seconds of invincibility from it, ST 5 seconds too.

before gliders is further nerfed, fix insulators. or just temporally nerf it till then, as if everyone had 3 speced into it. out of all the skill and ability problems, glider not being slowed down by insulators is the BIGGEST problem right now by far. it did work for a couple of days, it really needed to be fixed again with this patch. now we have to wait another week.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_House_of_Darok View Post
^^ THIS ^^

Plz respond here, Devs. This question deserves to be answered.
Patch notes are generally the place that won't necessarily get the most traction, notice, or feedback. The feedback forums may be a better place to voice that. I'm curious about the changes myself, but can see the point to both buffing it and wondering what the endgame result is intended to be.
Lt. Commander
# 16 What in the name of?
04-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Really you two complaining about the RSP still having a long cool down bet you don't even use it and its awful that so many things have such stupidly long cool down times like the photonic fleet really 4mins???? what was the thinking behind that 1min tops not 4 and this is across the board RSP particularly is used when you maybe in big trouble so that update is not needed rather it needs be improved don't listen to these Lifers am sick and tired of these people always saying that long cool down times etc are some how a good thing its not!!!!.

Sure you don't want to make it too easy but anyone with brains trains skills for boffs that are USEFUL not counter productive. If you don't like the RSP as it was being USEFUL for healing kenetic damage then don't use it and shut up I have no time for you people and another thing stop having ago at the F2P you lifers stop picking on them its a disgrace and those of you who do it should be banned for life for picking on these people they are the ones that now increase the population but I guess some you LIFERS are too bone headed to see that well thats too bad for your on opinion on them does not count so get over it am a paying member and two of the members in my fleet are F2P and therefore we are not elitest and I don't care about that what matters is the fact I enjoy playing on there with them and chatting Cryptic you need to do something its

unacceptable that some Lifers get away with picking on those who cannot afford to be members or Lifers!!!! for they have better things to spend their money on like food and bills and maybe taking care of a family so in conclusion if you don't like F2P people then leave them alone because trust me they hate you too because your elitest.

The only reason am saying this is because some of the Lifers!!! are still complaining about it are you five years old get over it if were not for F2P then this game would have died a very unremarkable death and would have been forgotten forever.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk_Epsilon
...long wall of text, mostly berating lifers...
Your diatribe, such as it is, would be much more on topic if it stuck to said topic. Indeed, had it contained a reasonable amount of punctuation, I could tell where one thought ended and another began. I got a couple sentences out of it and that's about it. (Maybe that was the entirety of the post, I don't know)

Picard: Dr. Vassbinder gave an hour-long dissertation on the ionization effect of warp nacelles, before he realized that the topic was supposed to be - psychology!

La Forge: Why didn't anybody tell him?

Picard: There was no opportunity. There was no pause.
Picard: [droning in a foreign accent] He-just-kept-talking-in-one-looong-incredibly-unbroken-sentence-moving-from-topic-to-topic-so-that-no-one-had-a-chance-to-interrupt-it-was-really-quite-hypnotic.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
... so many things have such stupidly long cool down times like the photonic fleet really 4mins???? what was the thinking behind that 1min tops not 4 ...
Sure, that's be great and can I have my TAC FLEET at one minute intervals as well so I can pour out 30% more damage every other 30s.

Quote:
...If you don't like the RSP as it was being USEFUL for healing kenetic damage then don't use it and shut up ...
It's RS[hield]P, but I guess a shield ability working for hull makes sense? How about making EPtS[shields] heal hull as well? Or, maybe Science Team is a better option.

Quote:
... and another thing stop having ago at the F2P you lifers stop picking on them ...
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down there skippy. Noone here has said anything about F2P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Really? Increasing RSP's duration and making it scale even further with a skill that every sane person has maxed?

Why can't you spend your time fixing actual bugs, like Hazard clearing the caster instead of the target or the FAW accuracy issue?
Didn't they fix the F@W bug last a couple of patches ago?
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
Didn't they fix the F@W bug last a couple of patches ago?
They did. It has a chance to miss - both graphics and power-wise.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
...rant about lifers....
What does being a LTS have anything to do with the topic at hand? I don't see anything in any of the above posts (save yours) that mentions anything about lifers or silvers or whatever. And your post is dangerously close to being considered a personal attack and a violation of forum rules. You may want to consider editing it.