Lt. Commander
# 71
04-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farktoid5000
Hey guys, thanks for being patient. We know what's up, we're fixing it, and we'll have it live as soon as we have the fix good to go.
So is there any update on when we can expect a fix?
Lt. Commander
# 72
04-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
So is there any update on when we can expect a fix?
As the dev you quoted posted that over two months ago, this is a perfectly fair question. I hope I'm not alone in hoping "when the fix is good to go" doesn't mean "practically never."
Lt. Commander
# 73
04-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Workaround for Foundry access confirmed.

I deleted the two characters that were associated with the Foundry and created a new one. I was then able to access the Foundry. Must be some kind of issue with legacy characters.

Not sure about the purchase. When I went to buy slots, I noticed that I still had the 8 slots I had as a Gold player. I don't know if this is intended or not.

Also, as others have reported, Foundry test character creation is still bugged. I couldn't customize whatever random character came up; the Create Character button became unselectable.
Lt. Commander
# 74
04-08-2012, 06:35 AM
Hey all,

As an update, it still doesn't work for me. Looks like I won't be using the Foundry for a while, if ever. I submitted a ticket, which then bounced to the Perfect World side of things...where I don't have nor want an account. So I can't even access my ticket. Lastly, I think I MIGHT know the cause of the problem, but perhaps not. Lemme tell you what I think it is.

Long ago, before f2p, I had an account. I had 1 fed and 1 klingon character. Later I made a Foundry character. When I came back as a silver player, I deleted the Foundry character (which had become a normal character somehow) and replaced it with a new character. I had three character slots when silver says it has 2. I assumed this was a sort of grandfathering of the character slot that I'd had when I subbed, and so I thought nothing of it. Now I'm wondering if the existence of that character isn't causing the issue. I don't want to delete him as he is level 50 and has some character specific unlocks on him, but if that IS the issue, and if Cryptic isn't going to fix this problem in the foreseeable future, *sigh* I dunno.

Is this the same issue for the rest of you? Do you have characters in a slot that was once a Foundry slot?
Lt. Commander
# 75
04-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Seems to me that restricting foundry usage is like shooting themselves in the foot.

For the life of me I can not work out why they wouldnt make access unlimited and let people improve the game for them.
Lt. Commander
# 76
04-16-2012, 06:04 AM
The bug seems to be related to downgrading from silver to gold due to the extra character slot. I actually bought two extra character slots so I should be able to have 5 normal chars and one foundry char slot. However, I could not create another character unless I entered the foundry and exited again... strange.

Deleting my foundry char and recreating it seemed to let me buy the foundry slots, and I got my other character slot back as well (but I still have to enter and exit the foundry to be able to use it!).
It would be nice if they could fix this since char creation bugs are pretty bad for an mmo, especially since Ipaid for the slot.
Lt. Commander
# 77
04-16-2012, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone
Seems to me that restricting foundry usage is like shooting themselves in the foot.

For the life of me I can not work out why they wouldnt make access unlimited and let people improve the game for them.
Because storage gets expensive and it reduces spam missions.
Lt. Commander
# 78
04-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone

Aslo 10K dilithium for 4 slots is cheap.

I've already maxed out all of my slots.
Lt. Commander
# 79
04-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Purchase Failed...again.

So, I ran a new alt up in levels so that I could delete the vice admiral character I had that I thought was the cause of this problem for me. Character deleted. Game restarted. Purchase failed. So, I've deleted a character I liked and ran a replacement up...for nothing. My support tickets go to Perfect World where I don't even have an account. And I know that soon there will be some nifty new Foundry stuff...that I can't use. I'm starting to get pretty darn annoyed now. :/

Please, is there anyone who reads this who might be able to do something, or at least suggest something?

*sigh* Thanks,

Kayn
Lt. Commander
# 80
04-18-2012, 06:03 PM
how I did it was create a character then immediately as soon as the tutorial loadedquit then deleted the character, then brought slots. Seemed to work for me.