Lt. Commander
# 11
04-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Ok, for the record everyone, the 7/7 missions are definitely broken or have been reduced to a ridiculous frequency. I am waiting for 7/7 in Arucanis, Afehirr, Rolor, Zenas, Betreka and B'Tran. I have circling these places for the last few days and haven't found ONE 7/7 mission. I have found a few below, a couple of 5/7's and 6/7's, but none to finish the chain. Come on Cryptic, this is ridiculous and VERY frustrating. I dread to think how much time I have wasted bouncing round sector space the last few days trying to find these!
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_nx01 View Post
Ok, for the record everyone, the 7/7 missions are definitely broken or have been reduced to a ridiculous frequency. I am waiting for 7/7 in Arucanis, Afehirr, Rolor, Zenas, Betreka and B'Tran. I have circling these places for the last few days and haven't found ONE 7/7 mission. I have found a few below, a couple of 5/7's and 6/7's, but none to finish the chain. Come on Cryptic, this is ridiculous and VERY frustrating. I dread to think how much time I have wasted bouncing round sector space the last few days trying to find these!
I concur. From what I saw on DOFFJOBS over the weekend, it seems like only 1 or 2 out of the 14 clusters will have Renown available in sector at any given time. For an assignment with common rarity, that's too rare. If it's supposed to be this rare, then the displayed rarity should be updated to reflect this.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-10-2012, 07:55 AM
I realize it may be a bit time consuming but when you hit each "Explore" Cluster do you also pop onto your bridge, go to Engineering and talk with the Operations Officer directly? There is known bug where many of the Department Head DOff missions only appear on your bridge and not from going to the DOff tab - Department Head.

I know this works because I have gotten a few of the last 7/7 I need there even when the DOFFJOBs sheet shows nothing being available in a certain sector. I hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nONLY_DRock
I for one am stuck on Afehirr Nebula's colonist chain. The last one I need. Here's hoping it pops soon.
I was in this boat too, that was my only chain left to finish - it popped during the 4PM - 8PM (EDT) mission window yesterday and I finally finished this chain. Hope it pops for you soon.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Lord
I realize it may be a bit time consuming but when you hit each "Explore" Cluster do you also pop onto your bridge, go to Engineering and talk with the Operations Officer directly? There is known bug where many of the Department Head DOff missions only appear on your bridge and not from going to the DOff tab - Department Head.

I know this works because I have gotten a few of the last 7/7 I need there even when the DOFFJOBs sheet shows nothing being available in a certain sector. I hope this helps.
So you're telling me that even though people complained (me being one of them) that you had to run to engineering every time you went in to a cluster/expanse/etc. and they put in the department heads to fix this, there is still a bug and therefore the department heads are ultimately useless? Surely this should be made clear somewhere and not be transmitted purely by hear-say, although i appreaciate you bringing this to my attention.

There is absolutely no way I am running around my ship (which is a defiant but when inside feels like a sovereign) to get these missions. It has to be fixed!
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Lord

That bug was fixed in last Thursday's patch, so there's no need to actually visit your bridge any more (unless you want to fabricate prototypes, dissect a tribble, or do the chef/bartender chains). The DH tab will show the exact same list of assignments that you'd get from walking to the actual officer on your ship.

If you're still seeing some assignments appear at the officer and not from the DH tab, then that indicates that the bug wasn't fully resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-10-2012, 10:52 AM
As far as I have seen from external reports and internal testing, the assignments are properly synched up, other than the static assignments that are always available.

Note that assignments that are map restricted will only show up if your last sector map matches that map; the majority of assignments are not, in fact, map restricted.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
As far as I have seen from external reports and internal testing, the assignments are properly synched up, other than the static assignments that are always available.

Note that assignments that are map restricted will only show up if your last sector map matches that map; the majority of assignments are not, in fact, map restricted.
I will admit that since the buttons on the Duty Officer heads of Department have been added, i've only visited the inside of the ship to craft items and for the bartending chain.

There is definitely something wrong with the frequency of the 7/7 missions, unless they are on a joint cooldown so you cant do more than one at a time within a certain amount of time?
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_nx01 View Post
I will admit that since the buttons on the Duty Officer heads of Department have been added, i've only visited the inside of the ship to craft items and for the bartending chain.

There is definitely something wrong with the frequency of the 7/7 missions, unless they are on a joint cooldown so you cant do more than one at a time within a certain amount of time?
There's no such thing as a joint cooldown in the system, actually. As for the 7/7 assignments, nothing has changed specifically for those assignments; the recent improvement to Colonial assignment availability affected those (positively) as well.

It's not impossible that something weird is happening, but other than bad luck, I cannot think of any obvious sources of problems.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-10-2012, 12:13 PM
I seen 5 renowns in last two days. For nebulas i didnt had finished. And that was when i was online. I must admit i was on a lot . But thats not the point

So there is nothing wrong with that . Try to turn on DOFFJOBS channel. There is usual a lot of reporting of stuff. Or Doffcalls .