Lt. Commander
# 21
04-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk_Epsilon
Really you two complaining about the RSP still having a long cool down bet you don't even use it and its awful that so many things have such stupidly long cool down times like the photonic fleet really 4mins???? what was the thinking behind that 1min tops not 4 and this is across the board RSP particularly is used when you maybe in big trouble so that update is not needed rather it needs be improved don't listen to these Lifers am sick and tired of these people always saying that long cool down times etc are some how a good thing its not!!!!.
he mad because he only has 1 opportunity to use these skill per pve map. stop playing in the sandbox and you will understand why changes are made.

Quote:
Sure you don't want to make it too easy but anyone with brains trains skills for boffs that are USEFUL not counter productive. If you don't like the RSP as it was being USEFUL for healing kenetic damage then don't use it and shut up I have no time for you people and another thing stop having ago at the F2P you lifers stop picking on them its a disgrace and those of you who do it should be banned for life for picking on these people they are the ones that now increase the population but I guess some you LIFERS are too bone headed to see that well thats too bad for your on opinion on them does not count so get over it am a paying member and two of the members in my fleet are F2P and therefore we are not elitest and I don't care about that what matters is the fact I enjoy playing on there with them and chatting
rsp will always be the best shield heal in game no mater how adjusted its duration or cooldown is, as long as your smart enough to hit the distribute all button. if you can use it to often you would be unkillable.

Quote:
Cryptic you need to do something its unacceptable that some Lifers get away with picking on those who cannot afford to be members or Lifers!!!! for they have better things to spend their money on like food and bills and maybe taking care of a family so in conclusion if you don't like F2P people then leave them alone because trust me they hate you too because your elitest.

The only reason am saying this is because some of the Lifers!!! are still complaining about it are you five years old get over it if were not for F2P then this game would have died a very unremarkable death and would have been forgotten forever.
i cant think of a single advantage being a lifer gives me when battling another player, i have nothing that isnt available to everyone. that had to be the most bluster filled incoherent thing ive ever responded to. you really have no idea what your talking about at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
They did. It has a chance to miss - both graphics and power-wise.
problem is it apparently doesn't take into account any acc mods your weapon might have
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-09-2012, 06:27 PM
RSP changes don't make sense. Why buff the regen on ranks 2 and 3 when even rank 1 will fully heal shields in a fraction of a second of focus fire? The only way to differentiate based on regen rate is to have the current rate as the base for RSP 3, and lowering the rate on 1 and 2.

RSP also didn't need such a giant duration buff. Tying it to a skill that 99% of the player-base has 9 points into is nonsensical, and the kind of duration you can get from loading up a ship with field emitters (and if you don't have a science ship, this is the only console that makes sense to slot) is beyond ridiculous.

Really, really, poorly thought out, Cryptic.

That being said, levels 2 and 3 did need a bit of a buff. While RSP 1 was well worth the lt slot that it costs, ranks 2 and 3 just didn't compete against high level heals. The downside to buffing levels 2 and 3 though is that it encourages puggers to be more greedy and self centered as opposed to team oriented. While it would be more balanced for high level PvP, it would only make the skill gap between pug and PvP vets greater.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Pointless juvenile rant
I'll make it very easy for you to understand:

QFT.

Go face the corner for 1 minute for every year you've somehow managed to avoid natural selection's fatal grasp.

When you're done with your little tantrum you can come talk to the mature people.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
RSP changes don't make sense. Why buff the regen on ranks 2 and 3 when even rank 1 will fully heal shields in a fraction of a second of focus fire? The only way to differentiate based on regen rate is to have the current rate as the base for RSP 3, and lowering the rate on 1 and 2.

RSP also didn't need such a giant duration buff. Tying it to a skill that 99% of the player-base has 9 points into is nonsensical, and the kind of duration you can get from loading up a ship with field emitters (and if you don't have a science ship, this is the only console that makes sense to slot) is beyond ridiculous.

I dont understand why this duration buff was needed at all. Increasing RSP1 duration is ridiculous. Having nothing(besides SNB... IF youre science) to cleanse this invincibility buff is even more outrageous. Cmon guys, invincibility is obviously already a strong buff, why increase this?

Well, it really doesnt matter what feedback is given, it looks like Cryptic has made up its mind, so thats that.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
Didn't they fix the F@W bug last a couple of patches ago?
No. They made it have a chance to miss, but thiy broke it in a new way. It doesn't get any benefit from [acc] weapon mods like it's supposed to.

See here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=264646
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph.B
I'll make it very easy for you to understand:

QFT.
(Not disagreeing about the silly rant in any way, but "QFT" is primarily the abbreviation of "quoted for truth", which I suspect was not your intention!)
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FB2140 View Post
(Not disagreeing about the silly rant in any way, but "QFT" is primarily the abbreviation of "quoted for truth", which I suspect was not your intention!)
Heh... It also another meaning: quit f***ing typing

which version of the acronym I intended I'll leave to the sage posters to discern.

The heads up was appreciated tho'
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post

That being said, levels 2 and 3 did need a bit of a buff. While RSP 1 was well worth the lt slot that it costs, ranks 2 and 3 just didn't compete against high level heals. The downside to buffing levels 2 and 3 though is that it encourages puggers to be more greedy and self centered as opposed to team oriented. While it would be more balanced for high level PvP, it would only make the skill gap between pug and PvP vets greater.
these changes indicate whoever made them has no idea how this power works in practice. this is why the devs need to actually listen to us, or que up them selfs FOR ONCE. you arent qualified to make changes like this if you don't even know how the abilities work in practice.

or maybe it was made because pve'ers felt that the npc's with their 2 energy weapon each didn't' refill shields fast enough. if that's the case, 2 palms on my face is not enough, i'll need to borrow more.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Are you guys joking? Nerf to target sub system and buff to RSP?
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
Are you guys joking? Nerf to target sub systems
Yeah, the nerf to target subs doesn't seem needed. But don't forget this:

Quote:
All buffs that increase your power levels cannot be resisted by the player that uses them, or their teammates.
That really changes everything. Big question is: Are you immune to resistance down to base? or is only power gain from the like of emergency power to abilities vulnerable? I'm leaning the same direction as you, but with such an important change more testing is needed before saying anything for certain.