Lt. Commander
# 141
03-07-2009, 07:13 AM
The description of Episodic missions sounds intriguing: if a player has the option of bypassing some of the combat through diplomacy if they choose Cryptic will have a winner.
Lt. Commander
# 142
03-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardog00 View Post
I agree with you. I like the customization but, somethings do cross the line of the Star Trek universe. These ships represent a military organization with a uniform way of doing things. To paint a Warship Pink or even a federation ship for that matter makes this less Trek and more Comical (a Joke.) Please Cryptic don't ruin something with such a great potential before it starts.

Add me to the list of keeping such ship customizations down. I like the idea of customization as well, but not at the expense of turning Starships into some sort of Joke.

It is really that beneficial to allow someone to change the color of their Ship ID so it reads:

ISS POWNZER

IMO, I think STO Customization should be:
  • Wide Race Customization - Like what they have showed Us
  • Some Uniform customization, and Accesoriy Customization
  • Standard Iconic Star Trek Ships, with very minor Customization - Ie slight color differences in lights, but nothing that stands out (no 'Pimp My Ride' Style options/Bling)
  • Greater Customization for Ship, via changing internal stuff -- switching Weapons mounts, labs, retrofitting a Weapons bank for a Tachkyon grid or 'Special Research Item', etc.
  • Allow for 'Fleet Designation' Graphic, Like in the Star Trek, B5 Fan Film.

Basically, Ships should remain as Iconic, and 'serious'. I agree that STO needs to be treated differently than Champions. SuperHero Games expect gawdy flare and costumes. Star Trek games should avoid such open customization, imo.
Lt. Commander
# 143
03-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Yeah this might sound like everyone else but WOW! There are lookin great! Keep up the great work guys!
Lt. Commander
# 144
03-08-2009, 01:44 PM
The first picture is funny, urinals in the 24th century have sure changed a lot!
Lt. Commander
# 145
03-08-2009, 07:34 PM
I only wish there were few more of familiar places like Ds9, StarFllet Acadmey or Qonos
Lt. Commander
# 146 Cryptic's Ship
03-10-2009, 10:33 AM
In picture five (5). Doesn't the deflector dish look like its a little off?
Lt. Commander
# 147
03-10-2009, 12:58 PM
"This Akira ship pepares to warp away after heavy battle" has a missing r
Lt. Commander
# 148
03-10-2009, 03:46 PM
What does the ship's Captain say during this event? Are they pondering the next maneuver? Plotting their next course? Mentally filing reports with Starfleet?

Nope, not even close!

Thanks to our Medusan friends, let's listen in to the Captains thoughts during this moment:

Oh please don't let the Helmsman be a noob!

Well that was interesting but wait there's more:

Note to self, must change pants and soon!
Lt. Commander
# 149 Very Nice!
03-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Very Nice!!! I seriously cannot wait for this to be completed!!!