Lt. Commander
# 31
04-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
That really changes everything. Big question is: Are you immune to resistance down to base? or is only power gain from the like of emergency power to abilities vulnerable? With such an important change. I'm leaning the same direction as you, but more testing is needed before saying anything for certain.

I donít get that point either..
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Seriously? RSP is basically an 'invincibility' ability. Should actually have a longer cooldown IMO. Don't need anymore zombie cruisers than there already are.
I am going to pretend you said something constructive.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
I am going to pretend you said something constructive.
And in turn I'll pretend you did! :p
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-09-2012, 09:25 PM
First let me said: Sorry for bad English.

Ok, we tested this build with a fleet mate.

He was in a Luna Class Star Ship, with the hole MACO MK XI space set.
  • Auxilary energy: 92
  • Shield Energy: 46
  • Fully skilled Starship Flow Capacitors, Starship Graviton Generators, Starship Particle Generators, Starship Shield Emitters and Starship Shield Systems
  • None console to any type of scie resistance.
  • Field generator console MK XI blue.

I was with a Nebula Class, and I use Borg set with Maco MK XII Shield.
  • Auxilary energy: 100
  • Fully skilled Starship Flow Capacitors, Starship Graviton Generators, Starship Particle Generators, Starship Shield Emitters and Starship Shield Systems
  • I have 1 Very Rare Tractor Beam Duty officer and one Rare.
  • Blue MK XI particle generator console.

All test were made at 2 KM (more or less) distance, with no one moving.

First test with him having 0 (cero) on Power Insulators.
Shield Drains tests:
-Charge particle III alone gets his shields from 13092 to 10013
-With the hole combo Tractor beam I (with Doff) + Tachyon Beam II + Charge Partricle III. Their shields went from 13092 to 7542 after 10 seconds.

Target Sub System test:
-Targeting sub system I removes 20 points of each sub system.

Reverse Shield Polarity I Test:
-It has a 10 seconds of duration.

Gravity Well III
-Does not pull at all.

Second test with him having 9 (nine) on Power Insulators.

Shield Drains tests:
-Charge particle III alone gets his shields from 13092 to 12399
-With the hole combo Tractor beam I (with Doff) + Tachyon Beam II + Charge Partricle III. Their shields went from 13092 to 11335 after 10 seconds.

Target Sub System test:
-Targeting sub system I removes 10 points of each sub system.

Gravity Well III
-Does not pull at all.

Personal opinions:
I really hope this build do not go live at all. The shield drain got nerf to impossible levels if the enemy has 9 points in PI. Lets see, CPBIII fully skilled only removes 753 points.. is that a joke?
With all the science power broken to nothing, I donít know what the hell do with my ship any longer! I donít ask you guys to use this test as anything other than rushed test, I only ask you guys to test this your self! If this goes live, it will be a bad thing for scie ship in general.

Thanks for reed.

Edit1: some typos fix and added the distance information.
Edit2: RSP 1 has 10 seconds duration, not just 9: http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...itouru/RSP.png
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
Personal opinions:
I really hope this build do not go live at all. The shield drain got nerf to impossible levels if the enemy has 9 points in PI. Lets see, CPBIII fully skilled only removes 753 points.. is that a joke?
Looks like if this build goes live there is no longer any reason to fly SV at all. Shield drains were the last hold out of usefulness.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Sorry, RSP I has 10 seconds of duration, not 9: http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...itouru/RSP.png
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-09-2012, 11:12 PM
wow. good tests but those results, wow. ya science is over. offensive science abilities have now all but been removed from the game. might as well give sci ships 8 weapons slots now and call them type 2 cruisers.
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-10-2012, 12:46 AM
I have to ask Cryptic, Is there a point to Science Ships anymore? With these changes, you are completely destroying the innate TSS:1 abilities that they have while obliterating what is left of the only niche left to normal science ships, shield draining.

Science powers can't pull ships, drain power, disable, deal damage (first hull with the revamp and now shield). All of this while still only having 6 weapons and low tac slots.
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-10-2012, 01:46 AM
i have a character that happens to have RSP3, and the tool tip says 15 seconds, with the 9 points in the skill. holy crap.
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
Great testing results
Ding dong, the sci ship is dead.

I guess my sci/sci are returning to the back seat for a couple of months... I was really looking forward to starting work on them too