Lt. Commander
I've opened at least 15 GQ c-store packs, and never seen a single DOFF upgraded. That is, they've always been 1 blue 2 green 4 white DOFFs.

I've opened a comparable number of Fed Junior Cadres and seen white->green, green->blue, and blue->purple upgrades on occasion.

Are GQ Packs not upgrading properly? I wouldve expected to see at least one DOff upgraded above guarantee in 105 DOFFs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-09-2012, 05:47 PM
what exactly do you mean upgraded
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixboneheadxix
what exactly do you mean upgraded
Every DOFF in a pack has a chance to be a higher quality than minimum guarantee. So, you're guaranteed no worse than 4 whites, 2 greens, 1 blue. But it may be 4 whites, 2 green, 1 purple, OR 3 whites, 3 green, 1 blue, etc...

Best (Fed Junior Cadre) pack i've ever opened was 4 green 3 blue.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
Every DOFF in a pack has a chance to be a higher quality than minimum guarantee. So, you're guaranteed no worse than 4 whites, 2 greens, 1 blue. But it may be 4 whites, 2 green, 1 purple, OR 3 whites, 3 green, 1 blue, etc...

Best (Fed Junior Cadre) pack i've ever opened was 4 green 3 blue.
ok i get it, i just didnt understand your choice of the word upgrade, but now i understand, but its just chancem youcould open 1000 GQ packs and never have them 'upgraded higher' and you could open 100 normal packs and have every one upgraded to the very highest
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixboneheadxix
ok i get it, i just didnt understand your choice of the word upgrade, but now i understand, but its just chancem youcould open 1000 GQ packs and never have them 'upgraded higher' and you could open 100 normal packs and have every one upgraded to the very highest
You could, but the probability that both pack types were using the same upgrade probabilities would become vanishingly small.

Since its pretty clear each DOFF's upgrade chances are independent, then 15 packs is 105 data points. Which is enough to reach a strong statistical conclusion that the two pack types are not following the same probabilities in upgrading a DOFF. (I would have needed to have kept more accurate statistics on my Fed packs to give a precise P-value, but suffice it to say we're easily in the p < 0.001 and probably p < 0.0001 or lower category).