Lt. Commander
Over the last few weeks, Fleet Actions have been getting nerfed more often than your usual office fight. Some of these changes are fairly mind boggling such as limiting Mine Field to only 5 players maximum and only letting it be in the public queue & removing the private queue option for it. Romulan Temple has had it's share of hits as well, massive mob nerfs in terms of requirements and progression.

For those that want a "shorter" time period of completion, or even an "easier" run through of an FA these changes are right up your alley. But those of us who liked the fact some of these could take time, especially with pugs, and some were difficult in areas if you weren't paying attention, we're the ones getting the short end of that nerf bat here. I mean Romulan Temple has lost all it's fun, less mobs, less objectives, I see pugs running through in like swiss cheese in a shooting gallery.

So why not give us an option of an "Elite" Fleet Action? i.e. the normal, regular version of Fleet Actions we've had prior to the last two or three patches of nerfs to them? They could be 100% optional, you already have a system in place for STF's to have split versions of difficulty so why not let us do this?

And if we could get the DS9 Fleet Action back while we're at it.. That'd be even more awesome
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Meh....

It seems obvious that the goal is to kill of the game as slowly and painfully as possible... Trying to change that has failed from the day F2P was announced. (Not blaming F2P at all... only the people who make the game-change decisions).
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2012, 12:40 AM
I disagree making Elite versions, given the STFs, it might make things worse. But this queued system really ruined it, especially with that 5 person limit.

For instance, fighting the CE with only 5 people? Not even 4 groups of people can down that thing. And the rewards..........the only thing worth doing them is if you are into accolades and want that nice floor trophy. With Klingons, Big Dig was good to get Romulan and Reman kill counts without endless grinding (which is now replaced by Foundry grinding).

If I could revamp them, I would make them like old fashion MMO dungeon crawls and have various NPCs to kill that drop unique items, which can only be dropped after days wait. Perhaps have some unique items craftable into something even more unique as a crafted item. I know Big Dig, the Ground Part of the Starbase 24 invasion, and the former DS9 invasion would benefit from such a change.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2012, 02:55 AM
I would like to keep the existing FA difficulty to be accessible to newer players.

But I also would not mind to have more challenging FAs for those of us who are levelling new characters and typically find the normal FA mobs way too easy with a whole ship full of blue and purple equipment and fully optimized boff powers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
I would like to keep the existing FA difficulty to be accessible to newer players.

But I also would not mind to have more challenging FAs for those of us who are levelling new characters and typically find the normal FA mobs way too easy with a whole ship full of blue and purple equipment and fully optimized boff powers.
Pre-Nerf FA's were challenging even at max level and top end Mark 11 or Mark 12 gear. Obviously if you went in with a pre-made your coordination is going to be much more meshed together and it'll be easier but pugging it was a difficult, and fun, challenge even with max level & good gear. That's why I'm suggesting an "Elite" version that is basically the same old versions we had before and not the current nerfed ones with easier mobs, less mobs and less objectives.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2012, 04:21 AM
im with mavgeek, im one of the old guard who doesnt like change all that much, things have gotten really easy on the most part and i dont want to see the hard missions goto waste as it will destroy the rest of STO's identity it had. but time waits for no one, so hopefully there can be an elite version at some point if cryptic can do it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2012, 05:51 AM
It would take little work at all to create the elite missions - just take the old one out of the archives, rename, etc...

Same for the old epic 2 hour STFs which I keep hearing about.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-10-2012, 06:21 AM
some of the old 2 hour epics can be done in 30 minutes with the right group but most experienced groups can get it done in 50-70 minutes, with the borg gear towards the end, a sense of accomplishment. now thats gone and there is no sense of accomplishment, just the chaos of grinding :p.