Lt. Commander
# 1 Dilithium account for Fleet
04-10-2012, 05:11 AM
It would be nice if Fleets could get dilithium storage, just like EC storage in bank. That dilithium could be used later for buying C-Points and for example new uniforms from C-store which could be used in creating Fleet uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2012, 06:18 AM
that would definatly make it p2w rather then f2p, i can imagine it now, a whole fleet with everything off the c-store, every item possible off the dil stores at least 20x for the banks and more then enough left over to fund 50 more people for full cstore purchases. this is the exact reason why it will never come, because dilthium is supposed to be a grind rather then something easy to get.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2012, 06:38 AM
erm someone would still have to grind up the dilithium for the fleet - having a bank would not just make it magically appear. I can see where the op is coming from in terms of it being a continuation of pooled resources available to the fleet.

my opposition to this would be on different grounds - we have already seen plenty of posts relating to fleet banks being cleared out of EC and equips by formerly trusted members. Imagine the temptation for the light fingered if they could also steal the ability to directly purchase c-store items. I think this would open a whole can of worms that cryptic/pwe would not be willing or able to police.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Make a Fleet/House Bank
04-10-2012, 06:44 AM
I got into this discussion yesterday with my fleet the Armada, we want to build a fleet base when it comes out in season 6. Which some have said would split the gamebase or some rave about its potential for Fleets and Klingon Houses. I bet cryptic will have PVP raids and stuff on Starbases the fleets create so the PVP potency is very important which means we need more dillithum and goods to make that happen. So if a small personal spacesuit costs 350K and a single RA ship is 120K in dill and even more so for the CP ships. So just imagine how much Dill will it take to get a functioning Starbase with the necessary defense to sustain a PVP assault if Cryptic adds it which i bet my Excelsior they will down the road. So think BaseStar and not Starbase if you get the Battlestar Galactica reference. So i wish Cryptic would make it easier to trade and dill and deposit it into fleet banks and fleet members to make it easier to build a strong fortified base.

For the time being invest in certain items that can be translated into dill ore on the fly much like you invest in gold like in real economy.

1. Unreplicapable materials
2. High end boffs (the bread winners of the Fleet should buy them off the exchange)
3. Contraband and Prisoners
4. Make sure your paid subscribers of the fleet get all the wanted items from the C Store and then when the Stipend roles around save some for later since they might bring in the dill deposit to the fleet bank then with the extra CP you can leverage more return on the exchange.

Good Luck and Good Hunting
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landerhow View Post
It would be nice if Fleets could get dilithium storage, just like EC storage in bank. That dilithium could be used later for buying C-Points and for example new uniforms from C-store which could be used in creating Fleet uniforms.
The basis for the new Cryptic 'economy' is that Dilithium cannot be directly transferred between different accounts. This idea attempts to create a loophole around this...
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2012, 08:03 AM
-1 simply because we've had reports of fleet banks getting hacked and emptied out.

Too much value there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liath
we have already seen plenty of posts relating to fleet banks being cleared out of EC and equips by formerly trusted members.
If the problem is that someone take what he/she could take (he/she must had permission to withdraw from bank) than maybe Cryptic should delete Fleet Banks. Fleet Admirals gives rights to players in their Fleet, if they give it to the wrong person it's only their problem.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
The basis for the new Cryptic 'economy' is that Dilithium cannot be directly transferred between different accounts. This idea attempts to create a loophole around this...
Exactly.

Also as EC is rather pointless, Dilithium being transferable would open the gates to Gold Sellers and their Farmers ... any means to transfer Dilithium to other accounts would create issues.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
Exactly.

Also as EC is rather pointless, Dilithium being transferable would open the gates to Gold Sellers and their Farmers ... any means to transfer Dilithium to other accounts would create issues.
this would be a nightmare we would be flooded by hacked accounts as now they could get ec and dilitum it just makes fleet leadders bigger targets.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Easy solution, dilithium on fleet account can't be withdraw, only used to buy items for Fleet.