Lt. Commander
# 31
04-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
*telekinetically strangles Anazonda*
Wrong franchise. ^_^

But, seriously... I think it's safe to say that the only two real good options for a Romulan faction are either a full faction like how the KDF was originally intended to be, or "monster play." Having the Roms be some kind of faction that can join either the Feds or the Klingons sounds... not terribly good.

At the same time, if the state of the Klingons after two years into the game is something you're okay with for the Romulans in, say, two years, maybe three (to give time for initial development) then.. okay, then, I would disagree with that being acceptable, but opinions are important to express, that's stuff Cryptic needs to know. and I won't put it down.
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
Wrong franchise. ^_^

But, seriously... I think it's safe to say that the only two real good options for a Romulan faction are either a full faction like how the KDF was originally intended to be, or "monster play." Having the Roms be some kind of faction that can join either the Feds or the Klingons sounds... not terribly good.

At the same time, if the state of the Klingons after two years into the game is something you're okay with for the Romulans in, say, two years, maybe three (to give time for initial development) then.. okay, then, I would disagree with that being acceptable, but opinions are important to express, that's stuff Cryptic needs to know. and I won't put it down.
romulans joing the KDF lmao rofl lol I hope this was a joke for one most if not all romulan rather die then be a part of the KDF
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
romulans joing the KDF lmao rofl lol I hope this was a joke for one most if not all romulan rather die then be a part of the KDF
It's been floated around, but not sure if by a dev or not. I think it's more one of those ideas that springs up and needs to be made an example of.
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
Wrong franchise. ^_^

My Avatar is a Vorta, and apicture of one of my chars, who happens to be Telekinetic.

But, aside from that, I'd be willing to play as a Romulan if the Romulans had the same amount of content the Klinks od right now.
Lt. Commander
Each Faction should get a different playable Captian version of the Romulan species

Federation Romulans:

Refugees and defectors of the Tal Shiar as seen in TNG "Defector", Reunification and so on. That way the Romulans that are displaced by Obesek's Rampage or the Hubus Super Event, Basically Haakeev's former cohorts because that one female Romulan in Mine Enemy was some what cooperative. Plus include the Romulans in Spock's Reunification underground.

Klingon Romulans:

Like in TNG "Redemption" and the Klingon Civil War, have the Klingon Rommies be left overs from Sela's boys since she was in a partnership with the Duras House which by the way is now in charge of the Klingon Empire in the form of Chancellor J'mpok. Plus to level out the playable species for the Klingons have the Hirogen sign up since Sela let them hunt in there territory so it would be logical for the Klingons to honor that due to the leadership houses relationship with the Preator.

Reason:

Since the Tal Shiar and Sela don't see eye to eye so it makes sense. The Preator Sela attempted to kill the director of that agency so naturally those Rommies want to go to a former ally: the Klingons. While the Tal Shiar would go to the Feds since there hatred for Sela and the Senate overrides the hatred of the Federation. Plus Section 31 needs to expand there numbers and the Tal Shiar are good candidates.

Physical differences:
The Klingon Rommies should be more combat looking and be more bulky with more goblin like line ridges and more Reman looking since these are like Sela's personal bodyguard and have the tradition green tint like TNG. Plus some of those Romulans can be human looking too since Sela was the conception of Tasha and Romulan General which did not bother the Duras girls.

The Federation Rommies should be more Rugged looking but not tougher, since the refugee story is more likely with the Feddie Rommies, and have some clean looking Rommies too because the Tal Shiar at the time was like the secret police of Nazi Germany, very well tailored and clean operatives stationed on all types of vessels in the Romulan Imperial Navy. Plus like the Klingons have a more human looking Romulan since humans are a founding species of the Federation and make a Romulan-Vulcan hybrid like Lt. Savaak was in the TOS movie and books.

This is just an idea to incorporate Romulans into our respective Factions instead of making new one, but you can make one in the Alien creator like i have done with my XO being a Romulan: Commander Valan.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-10-2012, 11:33 AM
In many years, yes.