Lt. Commander
# 1 Automated Defense Turret...
04-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Who believes that the [Console - Tactical - Automated Defense Turret] should scale with level! I do!

For one it would give it more use instead of dumping it at higher levels! lol
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by depung2002 View Post
Who believes that the [Console - Tactical - Automated Defense Turret] should scale with level! I do!

For one it would give it more use instead of dumping it at higher levels! lol
~I wish we had the choice between different damage types for the darn thing as everyone now has plasma damage resistance!

~Id also really; very much rather it as an Automated Defense Beam weapon, because hitting one fast moving projectile with another projectile seems less efficient than nailing the projectile with a Beam.

~Anyway, Id rather that the Automated Defense Turret damage be modified by the following:

Starship Weapon Training (Improves Starship Weapon Damage)
Starship Energy Weapons (Improves Starship Energy Weapon Damage)
Starship Energy Weapon Specialization (Improves Starship Energy Weapon Criticals)

~That way, with 9 ranks in each of those, the turret would deal more base DPS, from 45DPS to 125dps.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2012, 01:40 PM
It is THE turret against plasma torps... Regardless of level... I see no reason to change it as it is... apart from fireing rate perhaps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2012, 02:46 PM
lol its a turret They don't have much power.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Honestly I haven't used the damn thing since I was a Captain. Too little benefit to the drawback of losing a console slot. If it scaled, or had a higher fire rate (for those dang D'deridex triple plasma salvos) or something I would be more inclined to use it.
Lt. Commander
# 6 :-)
04-08-2012, 04:47 PM
I mean it would be the equivalant of the phaser point defense console if made into a scaling item and it should. I think it only comes with the deluxe edition of sto. Don't make this item lame make it awesome for plasma type builds for people that actually bought the deluxe version of the game! lol :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
It is THE turret against plasma torps... Regardless of level... I see no reason to change it as it is... apart from fireing rate perhaps.
I completely agree!
It has saved my little bacon more times than I can count.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiberry
I completely agree!
It has saved my little bacon more times than I can count.
Ya same here. Not having to target a heavy torp and then retarget the enemy is a convenience that I can use to justify the loss of a console slot.

Over the 2 years I have played the game, Im sure the damage that it has saved me from and the damage it has allowed me to continue doing to my enemy uninterrupted, makes it one of my favorite consoles. It goes on all of my ships.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-09-2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboysw View Post
Ya same here. Not having to target a heavy torp and then retarget the enemy is a convenience that I can use to justify the loss of a console slot.

Over the 2 years I have played the game, Im sure the damage that it has saved me from and the damage it has allowed me to continue doing to my enemy uninterrupted, makes it one of my favorite consoles. It goes on all of my ships.
This !!!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboysw View Post
It goes on all of my ships.
I really enjoy it, though I wish we could claim it more than once. I know its easy enough to switch when you do your subspace modulator... but still, it'd be convenient!