Lt. Commander
# 11
04-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r9xchaos
i only want cryptic to give me stable servers in the first way.. i pay for the game when i can ( i buy cpoints with $ whenever i have a walk to a gasstation )
They're doing a bang up job there aren't they?

Quote:
the more content and wishes for upcoming content is a wish.. but im not like GO NOW DEVELOP NEW CONTENT ... or TELL ME WHAT THE PLAN IS...
Two years from now, when you're still running the same B'Tran daily ... I think you might, maybe, possibly, perhaps think to ask them if they plan to make anything new to do.

I'm just guessing there. But it's a trend I've seen.

Quote:
you , all the peopel who cry in forums about cryptic doesent adds stuff are USERS.. you seem to not know what work is behing the scenes.
Apparently they didn't even have cups in their kitchen last year, when they made nothing new except C-Store items. That's what we were told at least.

Quote:
i am a 3d modeler .. and i know how it is to sit for months only for 1 rifle model...
They have multiple job openings. You should apply and then get to work making new stuff for this game. All our problems will be solved.

Quote:
and also dealing with CBS is a hell ....
Not really. If you believe that, you've not worked with licensed properties all that much.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-10-2012, 10:09 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Pfft... you dont even respect their work.. justread interviews and stuff..
Actually I do and I was part of one of those interviews.
Cryptic will continue to keep the KDF players in mind as part of any agnostic content that rolls out in season 6 but other than a desire to do more for the KDF ( a desire I would like to foster and grow) they have to chase the path of most revenue returns, which is not the KDF playerbase.
This has been said time and time again. It is the basis of the chicken/egg debate still being an issue that slows the development of the KDF.
We KDF fans can only continue to wait and hope that the desires of the Devs helps us see the complete faction we would all like to enjoy oneday come to fruition.

Careful you do not fall from that hieght your peer down upon us from as we continue to want a better gameplay for are fun found in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-10-2012, 10:58 AM
well i have no problem when it takes some time to add new mission to this game.. also we have a foundry .. if ur bored make player created missions.. OR make your own missions.... OR do some roleplay...

but i se peopel complainign about teh daylies.. so you want cryptic to add diferent missions only for you to GRIND for dilithium?

go grab some cash and buy cpoints... we all use resoucres when we are logged in... i see no problems buying some cpoints for cash from time to time...

i find it kinda SAD when i see people grinding 12 hours a day for dilithium... they put so much work into that to not spend cash on this game that it hurts me seeing this...

im so happy that they made this game ... space , ground , star trek universe , beams n shiny glows starships , science fiction. all that stuff.. and peopel stil complain...

i guess peopel are never fine with actual things. they want more and more...
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
well i have no problem when it takes some tie to add new mission to this game.. also we have a foundry .. if ur bored make player created missions.. OR make your own missions.... OR do some roleplay...
Or I can ask "is there a plan for the kdf moving forward?" equal content to the Feds? Less than equal? Or none?
It isn't that I am bored, I am just wondering how cryptic is going to move forward.
They have absolutely no drive to make fed and kdf have equal content. We all get that.
But how are they going to be releasing stuff as we go forward?
Would I get more out of the game if I just played a fed?
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
well i have no problem when it takes some time to add new mission to this game.. also we have a foundry .. if ur bored make player created missions.. OR make your own missions.... OR do some roleplay...
Most of that was done in 2011. It's now 2012. A lot of other MMORPGs make new stuff in that same time span. The ones that don't get criticized for being stagnant.

Quote:
but i se peopel complainign about teh daylies.. so you want cryptic to add diferent missions only for you to GRIND for dilithium?
Nah. A lot of us used to play this game prior to there even being Dilithium. We mostly want the storyline and what not moved forward.

What happened to the Iconians? Why did they take Sela? Whatever happened with the Undine War that started this entire game's story?

Stuff like that. The Dilithium Grind is being used to power this game right now and that makes it an empty, boring game that lacks soul and character. And absolutely nothing like the Star Trek shows that drew the interest of the Star Trek fans that flocked to this game in the first place.

Quote:
i see no problems buying some cpoints for cash from time to time...
The biggest problem with spending money for C-Points to then purchase items from their store is when they NERF the item you spent money on. It's a waste of money. Buyer Beware.

Quote:
im so happy that they made this game ... space , ground , star trek universe , beams n shiny glows starships , science fiction. all that stuff.. and peopel stil complain...
Like I said, in two years of gameplay, your perspective might change. You're back there enjoying the exact same stuff most of the vets have already enjoyed. The stagnation that has become the signature of this game's development team has hurt its long term viability. No new missions means everyone's still running a lot of the same stuff people ran in 2010. Eventually you will get bored of the same old same old.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Unfortunately, yes. That is their status quo.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Unfortunately, yes. That is their status quo.
Ok so there is no need to play a kdf character anymore?
Other than the "change of scenery"?

Before I played the kdf because I liked it and actually believed cryptic was going to put an honest effort in.
But they announced that they would not try to make the factions equal, but to me that didn't mean that moving forward they were not going to have equal content rollouts.
Ok. I guess there is no reason to play
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-10-2012, 12:36 PM
[quote=r9xchaos]well i have no problem when it takes some time to add new mission to this game.. also we have a foundry .. if ur bored make player created missions.. OR make your own missions.... OR do some roleplay...

As Dan said the problem with foundry is the lack of rewards to drive the player to play. All MMOs and most games have a virtual carrot, the foundry does not.

I do not wish to make player based missions to fill the missing parts of the game in. Why should I do that job for them?
Why can't the fed playerbase do the same rather than ask for content as much as we KDF do?
becuase its not the job of the player/customer to do so.
Foundry missions are an expression of story for those fans who enjoy telling the story and not all fans enjoy doing that. Now if they added a reward system, that may change.

I do not roleplay like I've seen some of the roleplay in Drozana stattion and it does not suit me. I enjoy following a storyline and uncovering the why,what,where of the game, to be suprised by the story the devs wish to tell and my part in it. Something that is lacking currently for the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-10-2012, 12:47 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
But how are they going to be releasing stuff as we go forward?
Agnostically and if we are lucky a loving Dev will snaek some KDF stuff in from time to time.

Quote:
82% more evidently.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-10-2012, 12:49 PM
To me the foundry (no offense to all you who make missions) is nothing but a cheap and weak excuse to not make more content, they fall back on it way to fast. This game, suffered severely from a lack of playable mission content. It is not my job to fill that gap, it is my job to consume it, thats what I spent that money on, to be entertained, by CRYPTIC, not the users.

I don't play the game other than my Doff stuff because I've done all the playable mission content. STF's done, done some PvP as well. The KDF is the symbol of the lack of content. They can't even get 2 full factions out in the game.

This is the ONLY game I've EVER played that purported to have 2 factions, then upon release didn't, and 2 years later, still does not. 9 missions in 2 years is just, ... Never mind I'm just going to leave it at this

The KDF is Cryptic's albatross hanging from their neck, and they can't figure it out, or see why that is such a bad thing