Lt. Commander
Oh ya the drop rate is fine, there is no problems....Yet in the last 35 elite stf's ive done, all my loot at the end has been 2 credits, and 1 blue item. Seriously, talking to other players the same exact thing, 20+ blue items in a row, not even proto salvage...? So my question is, wtf is going on? I have over 300 Estf's and only one xll piece, a maco shield.....Adjust it so people can get items, or at least trade up the rare shields and stuff they have for the xll stuff. Because its just not fun playing the same stuff over and over with no luck.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm pretty sure every time someone makes a thread about the drop rate, Gozer puts a perma-ban on the individual from EVER receiving a drop (how could you prove it? it's all "random" right?" lol ) and then lowers the drop rate for everyone just to keep the fun factor up...

Yes I'm being sarcastic but at the end of the day it's not about being good, or spending time playing the game, it's about winning the lottery.

Truthfully I don't even see the point of making them drop only on Elite... you could be the worst player in the game being carried along by a team of 4 top end players and be the one who gets back to back drops. It doesn't take skill at the game to get lucky...

There have been several very good alternatives to the current system proposed but the Dev team decided it should be a lottery system and despite the reasonable feedback why it should be changed, I see no chance of it happening.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Yah problem is i have ****** luck when it comes to lottery's and ****, so i guess im really am screwed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2012, 01:45 PM
If you understand probability and statistics, it is not that hard to figure out what is going on. You have a random chance of getting any item on the loot table. That means that statistically, if enough people do STFs, some of them will get 100 blue items in a row and some will get 100 Prototype tech drops in a row. However, you probability of getting 100 blue items in a row is much, much higher than 100 prototype tech drops.

This is why I think they should tie elite tech to an accolade. After you run a certain mission on elite x times (lets just say 500), you get an accolade that entitles you to claim an elite gear requisition with another similar accolade at 2x (in this example, 500).

That way, it takes care of the people on the wrong tail of the distribution so they do not run STFs forever without getting the tech. You can set the accolade number at something like the 2% unluckiest.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2012, 01:55 PM
I got a full Mk XII KHG set in 6 matches. Yet Cryptic doesn't pay me to voice that fact. They should. *wink,wink*
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
This is why I think they should tie elite tech to an accolade. After you run a certain mission on elite x times (lets just say 500), you get an accolade that entitles you to claim an elite gear requisition with another similar accolade at 2x (in this example, 500).

That way, it takes care of the people on the wrong tail of the distribution so they do not run STFs forever without getting the tech. You can set the accolade number at something like the 2% unluckiest.
I suggested they use accolades as well, hopefully the Dev team likes that idea. Because not only would it be a counter bad luck for players who spent literally hundreds of STFs never got anything but EDCs, but it would also give more importance to accolades themselves.

OP, you have the right to be upset. But there are plenty of people worse off than you.

There are some players who are over 800 STFs and still haven't gotten any Proto Tech drops or only have one or two pieces. And it's growing resentment towards the Cryptic team that people are up and quitting and leaving to go to other games that are "fun", because STF grinding isn't fun and is more like work.

I myself have hit 800 STFs and among my 6 characters, 4 of them are in full Vet Gear (which were alll purchased with EDCs), and I only gotten 1 Ground Tech drop in 5 months of play. Last night, it felt like a miracle I finally got a Space Tech Drop that wasn't a deflector (Khitomer Space is generous with Tech drops).

Cryptic set the bar too high and people are just burnt out. And our only hope is literally months away. So hopefully they decide to implement that system before the end of the month.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Honestly... I fully agree with your problem OP and the Skinner Box ESTF's are less than enjoyable. However... To put it a little less than tactfully... Cryptic has given the Flaming Middle Finger to everyone who does not want to Elite STF's adnausium for the POSSIBILITY of gaining the gear they want with absolute no certainty.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-10-2012, 02:43 PM
OP, it is not likely we will see any adjustment until the Season 6 reshuffle of loot. Dstahl has touched on alternate ways of getting the mk XII gear as part of that update.