Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
04-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianazeta
You do realize questions like these are just the ones they love, right?

Because it allows them to pick this one over an actually important question.
If not me, someone else would pitch the softball. MY Softball however, has teeth depending on the answer. Admiral Akbar approves of my question.

Lt. Commander
# 32
04-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Is it true that most of the early Klingon story content (lvls 1-20) has already been written some time ago but has not yet been fully developed due to a tight schedule? If yes, could you elaborate on any of this content in any way? Will it be developed in the foreseeable future? Or would your prefer to create completely new content, if any?

How much would you like to incorporate a Klingon court scene (like in Undiscovered Country) in any future FED or KDF mission?
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianazeta
You do realize questions like these are just the ones they love, right?

Because it allows them to pick this one over an actually important question.
You do realize they will not answer any important game related questions as that may open them to being held accountable for thier answers?
So why not throw some silly out there if spin is all we get anyways?
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-11-2012, 09:26 AM
How many STO Content Designers work with you on the STO Development team?
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
This may seem like a harsh question, but I honestly would like it answered:

Why does it take you guys so long to develop one single mission working a full time schedule and getting paid to do it when a Foundry author can churn out several five-star rated missions in a tenth of the time, working only on their spare time and aren't paid a dime?
That's a good question that should be asked. I think it's because they try to make everything super awesome, with voiceovers, and new technology... Basically, they're held back trying to make everything perfect x 1,000, instead of just buckling down, and getting good solid stuff out there. When anyone tries to make their work perfect, they spend too much time obsessing over details or things that don't need to be corrected.

Not saying they succeed in making things perfect, I just think they try too hard and it takes longer than it should because of that. Does every mission need a cutscene? No. Does every mission need a voiceover? No. Cryptic seems to think so, though, and it delays getting things out. Featured Episodes are supposed to be special, with that sort of stuff... regular missions don't need it, and should be churned out at a much faster pace.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
That's a good question that should be asked. I think it's because they try to make everything super awesome, with voiceovers, and new technology... Basically, they're held back trying to make everything perfect x 1,000, instead of just buckling down, and getting good solid stuff out there. When anyone tries to make their work perfect, they spend too much time obsessing over details or things that don't need to be corrected.

Not saying they succeed in making things perfect, I just think they try too hard and it takes longer than it should because of that. Does every mission need a cutscene? No. Does every mission need a voiceover? No. Cryptic seems to think so, though, and it delays getting things out. Featured Episodes are supposed to be special, with that sort of stuff... regular missions don't need it, and should be churned out at a much faster pace.
I think nobody needs the unskippable voiceovers.

BTW - some foundry missions are far better with their walls of text..

WHY NOT USE THEM?
they do not need to be part of the official lore, just give them better EXP and rewards, and a bigger place on the screen, some kind of mechanism to have the series at one place - why not a Foundry-FE editions..

What does it cost? One man playing and evaluating them.
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-11-2012, 11:53 AM
A fairly lengthy Foundry mission can be done in 1-3 days. But each mission from Cryptic (even a short one) is supposed to take the whole team over a month to do. Can you describe some of the challenges that make official missions so much more challenging to produce?
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Will we see more one off missions like alpha
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Will there be any career-specific content? "Boldly they Rode" introduced the career-specific objectives and achievements which intrigued me. While the different careers have different "ways" to play the game, ultimately have the same missions and objectives to complete. Why should a Science officer have to take down x number of squads? Theoretically, a Sci officer shouldn't have the same weapons training as a Tac officer. On the same hand, how should a Tac officer be able to decrypt a computer or stop a warp core breach? I think this would open a lot more co-op play as each specialty can focus on what they do best, but everyone can come together to accomplish "all hands on deck" objectives.
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribbleorlfl
Will there be any career-specific content? "Boldly they Rode" introduced the career-specific objectives and achievements which intrigued me. While the different careers have different "ways" to play the game, ultimately have the same missions and objectives to complete. Why should a Science officer have to take down x number of squads? Theoretically, a Sci officer shouldn't have the same weapons training as a Tac officer. On the same hand, how should a Tac officer be able to decrypt a computer or stop a warp core breach? I think this would open a lot more co-op play as each specialty can focus on what they do best, but everyone can come together to accomplish "all hands on deck" objectives.
Actually, there are career specific objectives in several of the Cloaked Intentions missions and in Rescue the Azura.