Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Quote:
the borg console, skillpoints and the natural 10 to weapons gives you around 125 weapons energy all by itself, none of those things do the same for your aux levels on a klingon cruiser, and it could never reach 125 aux energy without EPtA 1.
As I said in my post I can reach 120:
Borg deflector, +5 Auxiliary
8 Points in Warp Core Potential, +5 All subsystems
9 Points Auxiliary performance, +10 Auxiliary

= (At 100 preset) 120 Auxiliary

Quote:
you would want aux that high if you ran HE, TSS, and A2S, these are all aux level dependent and can be buffed to the extreme with high aux levels.
The difference between an AuxSIF, TSS, or HE at 120 and 125 Aux is minuscule. If it really was that concerning you could equip two +Aux Consoles for an additional +7 to Auxiliary and take out a few points from Auxiliary Performance to make a perfect 125. So yes you can reach 125 without EptA on a Klingon cruiser...
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Tactical Lt...............BFAW1, APD1
Eng Ensign.............EPTA1
Eng Commander....EPTA1, ASIF1, ET3, ES3
Eng Lt Com.............EPTS1, RSP1, EPTS3
Sci Lt.......................HE1, TSS2

Well its been a week and I must say the help you all gave has been invaluable. I am not invunerable (nor should it be possible to be), but unless im focussed by at least 3, I can quite happily circle a heal target and keep him alive whilst he kills to his hearts content!
I actually went for APD instead of BETA for when im multi focussed - the only thing i miss is TT, but my ET cooldown is so low now (still dont have the 15 sec cd) - I wouldnt want to intefere with it.

Thanks again - and I hope others find this post as usefull as I have!

oh and swapped the borg console into a tac slot (my dps isnt main role - and they dontstack) - allowing me to put another field emitter in science.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-10-2012, 02:25 PM
One thing you can do is add a Damage Control Engineer Doff blue or purple should I think. I haven't tested it extensively, but I think you can get away with running 2 EPTS and 1 EPTX and the DCE should bring that 1EPTX down to global. I can't remember the stats off the top of my head though.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
One thing you can do is add a Damage Control Engineer Doff blue or purple should I think. I haven't tested it extensively, but I think you can get away with running 2 EPTS and 1 EPTX and the DCE should bring that 1EPTX down to global. I can't remember the stats off the top of my head though.
•Game Description: Chance to reduce the time for all Emergency Power to subsystem abilities to recharge after use.
•Only three per ship.
Quality Ship Duty Effect
White 20% chance: Recharge time reduced by 20%
Green 20% chance: Recharge time reduced by 30%
Blue 20% chance: Recharge time reduced by 40%
Purple 20% chance: Recharge time reduced by 50%

I have recently designed a heal boat on the BortasQu' command vessel using the advice I've gotten from this thread and find it very fulfilling in PuG combat.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
•Game Description: Chance to reduce the time for all Emergency Power to subsystem abilities to recharge after use.
•Only three per ship.
Quality Ship Duty Effect
White 20% chance: Recharge time reduced by 20%
Green 20% chance: Recharge time reduced by 30%
Blue 20% chance: Recharge time reduced by 40%
Purple 20% chance: Recharge time reduced by 50%

I have recently designed a heal boat on the BortasQu' command vessel using the advice I've gotten from this thread and find it very fulfilling in PuG combat.
I thought they were supposed to change it to increase the chance to proc instead of increasing the CD reduction in the last patch.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
I thought they were supposed to change it to increase the chance to proc instead of increasing the CD reduction in the last patch.
This is what I found on STOwiki under Damage Control Engineer.
http://www.stowiki.org/Specializatio...ntrol_Engineer
and its how they still seem to perform ingame.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-11-2012, 11:59 AM
I believe they DID change them. I don't think the Wiki is up to date any more on that detail.