Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
04-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Anyone problems with Anti aliasing being borked with Shadows/Lightning on high? Seems not work work very good. Instead of Anti aliased edges they appear blackish which isnt supposed to happen. Happens on 12.1, 12.2 and 12.3

I'm a bit amazed on how few people actually reported this. Perhaps because its not always that noticable, and probably not everyone is running everything on high.

(6750x2 Crossfire here).

I do not see this problem in the opening post but it should be there.

(Just a sidenote, 12.4 gives me weird screen flickering as if the clocks were constantly adjusted. Might be an issue in combination with MSI afterburner though, I have ULPS disabled.)

(I must also say that minimizing the game is somewhat problematic. Sometimes it just hangs and I manually have to alt+tab or Ctrl+Alt+delete after clicking the minimize button, manually using ctrl+escape doesnt work flawlessly all the time either.

another really annoying bug is whenever I quit the game in maximized windowed mode and restart the game and put the game back to full screen (To activate crossfire) the game's resolution is half borked. Black borders around the screen almost like it ignores the Catalyst Overscan setting set for my TV screen.)
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-22-2012, 09:52 PM
I have a weird one:

http://i44.tinypic.com/5d5pcl.png

I got the inkling to pick up the game again... and this is what I was greeted with =/ I do have an AMD card (AMD Radeon HD 6570 driver date/version: 3/15/2012 8.960.0.0), but not getting blacked out textures, getting ugly textures on everything but the UI lol

More importantly, I think perhaps we have a very differing opinion of high graphics settings.

P.S. This screenshot is forcing dx 9 btw in the troubleshooting options (i.e. preventing dx11).

FINAL EDIT: It was the half resolution check box... very pesky thing to have toggled on by default. Made me not want to touch the game again. Might want to think about changing that to default to off.
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenTech
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=360362
try those, new drivers out this month (12.4 developers beta)

-snip-

my suggestion is to remove/uninstall current display drivers and caps, and install the 12.4 and ccaps from those links, they seem to work great with sto at least for me, dx9 and 11
Just a heads-up, I up'd to 12.4 a few days back for my Radeon 3400, and started to get some odd problems with transparent polygons and textures:

http://imgur.com/a/qt9kv

Not quite game-breaking, but sure annoying.

So, I double-check - and made sure I was with Direct X 9. Still wacky. Tried moving up to Direct X 11, and now my cursors are off alignment, pretty much borking the UI to the point where I can't navigate the options screen to undo it. I'll keep you posted as I try a few other things, but yeah. 12.4 - not quite the fix, at least for some of us.