Lt. Commander
# 1 Skill points to EC
04-10-2012, 11:34 AM
At max level the skill points we earn from doing missions currently get converted into bridge officer skill points, on one of my alts i have over 350,000 Boff skill points i may never use. Instead have the skill points convert to Energy credits, WOW has done a similar thing where the xp is converted to gold at max lvl and it has plenty of repeatable quests, its not an economy destroying issue.

Add a fleet tax, a percentage of the energy credits you earn while in a fleet goes to your fleet automatically.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo80 View Post
At max level the skill points we earn from doing missions currently get converted into bridge officer skill points, on one of my alts i have over 350,000 Boff skill points i may never use. Instead have the skill points convert to Energy credits, WOW has done a similar thing where the xp is converted to gold at max lvl and it has plenty of repeatable quests, its not an economy destroying issue.

Add a fleet tax, a percentage of the energy credits you earn while in a fleet goes to your fleet automatically.
1.) How about they just get rid of BOFF skill points all together and the only way you can promote/train your BOFFs is with Energy Credits. Well that means people will be able to level their alts fastest, because they would be able to transfer energy credits from their main toon. I'm fine with that I believe alt toons should be able to level faster then mains.

2.) If you convert BOFF skill points into Energy Credit instead. Players will need to hit a BOFF skill point cap and can not go below that cap to convert BOFF skill points into Energy Credits. If you convert all your BOFF skill points into Energy Credits how are you going to train new and existing BOFFs in new skills.

3.) Guild/Fleet Tax good and bad idea I don't mind giving funds to my fleet even if its a lump sum or a percentage from vendors, exchange sales, or missions. There is a growing population in STO that doesn't want anything to do with fleets/guilds this would just push more people away from Fleets/Guilds. Even though I like the idea I can see it doing damage to Fleets/Guilds. "What I have to pay a tax to join, ah pass."
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-11-2012, 01:25 AM
I'm not against the idea of gaining EC instead of converting XP to BOff points. I'd leave the current BOff points as they are and only convert the XP to EC once you've hit lvl 50. If i wanted to go out and hustle loot, either through warzones or replaying missions with valuable rewards like engines and ship shields, then i'd have plenty of EC. Even if i don't like hustling loot for EC i can't fault the system, it's just not my thing, but it would be nice to actually get something useful to me in place of XP... and at least for my main toon, converting XP to BOff points has absolutely no value whatsoever. As far as BOff point abundances, i recently had someone advise me in setting my main toon up for STFs, which meant changing a good bit of BOff skills around. When i went to train up the new skills i was surprised to see i had nearly 1 million unspent BOff points. I can't see me ever using even half of that, so converting XP to BOff points on that toon is pure overkill. I'd certainly welcome EC instead.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-11-2012, 01:54 AM
I posted about this a while ago too. You could have the option to have Bridge officer points converted to EC, or I also suggested using them toward the DOFF system in someway. You could convert it to CXP at a high exchange rate, for example 100000 BOFF XP equals 1 CXP.

Or I think Heretic even mentioned wanting to use it in the Department Head system, whenever that gets added.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-11-2012, 06:45 AM
the fleet tax thing might work if it was optional on a fleet-by-fleet basis.
I have no problem with converting boff points to ec. Its not like EC is rare, anyways.

Trust me, STO's economy is so screwed up already this wouldn't really harm it
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo80 View Post
IF it's a toggle that can be set by individual players, I can support this.

If it's automatic or chosen by fleet leadership, I am 100% against it.