Lt. Commander
# 1481
04-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
lmao im so sick of ppl call other games wow clone like it did not take ides from just about every mmo around the time it came out I could say in sto go kill 10 of this in sto could have been cloned from wows go kill 10 of this got new for wow lovers wow is no innovator
I did put that down originally and wonder if it was just people who cannot come up with anything new to say, they just put WoW clone.

Why not EQ? ****/ EQ2 Clone. Want to know why? Because all MMos moving forward take the best bits from other MMos and add to them.

At least TOR has added it's bits. What's STO added?

And before the CDF come on and say Foundry, it was already out before with COH I think, so what new shakes has STO done?

I could say that STO isn't like any Star Trek I know of. The only resemblance is ships. At least with TOR, I feel the KOTOR vibe and SW vibe.

I think I will start Calling STO a Star Fleet Command Clone and not even as good clone of these great games.
Lt. Commander
# 1482
04-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
I did put that down originally and wonder if it was just people who cannot come up with anything new to say, they just put WoW clone.

Why not EQ? ****/ EQ2 Clone. Want to know why? Because all MMos moving forward take the best bits from other MMos and add to them.

At least TOR has added it's bits. What's STO added?

And before the CDF come on and say Foundry, it was already out before with COH I think, so what new shakes has STO done?

I could say that STO isn't like any Star Trek I know of. The only resemblance is ships. At least with TOR, I feel the KOTOR vibe and SW vibe.

I think I will start Calling STO a Star Fleet Command Clone and not even as good clone of these great games.
I say more like a half-baked star trek bridge commander clone and not a good one at that

but 100% agree whit you
Lt. Commander
# 1483
04-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I didn't follow the transition. Cryptic was doing what for STO 4 months post launch? Server mergers? Release population figures? Patch the game?
Free Player weekends.
Lt. Commander
# 1484
04-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Free Player weekends.
sto was don that in the first month of it comeing out in Feb of 2010 plus most all mmos do that even wow is give free 80's free xpack up to cata free toon moves to you friends server even free faction change all for just useing a scroll of resurrection
Lt. Commander
# 1485
04-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Hug patch already out for 1.2 or preppin for 1.2 it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 1486
04-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
/ cheers
Lt. Commander
# 1487
04-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
I am not happy if the origins are locked by 50s. I wish I knew earlier though if that's true. Every class can make humans.
Lt. Commander
# 1488
04-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
I am not happy if the origins are locked by 50s. I wish I knew earlier though if that's true. Every class can make humans.
not sure what you mean by lock by 50's but the way I read it is that you would get the race in addition to whatever is available IE you can have a Twi'lek trooper, or a Chiss jedi as an example of two things that currently can't occur. and That is why I rarely if EVER play humans. I like being different.
Lt. Commander
# 1489
04-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
not sure what you mean by lock by 50's but the way I read it is that you would get the race in addition to whatever is available IE you can have a Twi'lek trooper, or a Chiss jedi as an example of two things that currently can't occur. and That is why I rarely if EVER play humans. I like being different.
I heard you have to be 50 of one race to unlock it for the other class. Like 50 Twi'lek in another class unlocks that trooper for example. So if you ranked up 50 humans, you are SOL. Now if this is true, that sucks. I may like TOR and been a supporter of it but if that's the case then it's not a good decision by Bioware.
Lt. Commander
# 1490
04-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Free Player weekends.
Ahhhhhhhhh, thanks. That makes soooo much more sense now.