Lt. Commander
# 51
04-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Just posting my two cents about this EU launch, and this is more as trivia:

In Europe, as I am sure you guys know, students in those schools actually are required to learn multiple languages. At least that is the case in France and Spain and I think Germany as well.

Anyways, I do think they need to launch this game in Spanish, that i can agree with. With a majority of the worlds population having Spanish as a primary, secondary, or tertiary language (thank the Spanish Conquistodores for that), it is a requirement for international success.
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Never felt unwelcome before
Just to throw it in there we don't need more than "one server" for all the players
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddesjardins
I work for a company which markets internationally, I deal with 17 locales (web sites, software etc.) and Italiano is the least used. we get more traffic/business in Swahili than we do in Italian. This is fairly common for all international businesses. We seen all the arguments for it, but the business reality says otherwise.

Spanish (both Portuguese and Brazilian Spanish variants) is the better choice with a larger user base for MMO's and a growing social demographic.
sorry to say to you but, brasilian is a derivation of the european portuguese, since portugal discovered the country and tryed to colonize it many centuries ago. however, portuguese is NOT a spanish variant, get your lessons right before doing such reply, we portuguese as much we like our neighbour country, we do not speak theyr language at all. its simmilar, but not a variant of it. italian is almost simmilar to both languages and yet its another language and not a variation of spanish or portuguese, but all 3 are the most close to the old latin, as is romenian if i remember right.

and although its not spoken as much as spanish around the world, portuguese has many countries where its spoken. Portugal of course, Brasil wich is a huge country and higly populated, some countries of africa still speak it as part of the colonization portugal did centuries ago, East Timor also has some population speaking it, Macao has been returned to china some years ago and was a portuguese colony, wich makes it still fluent in portuguese speakers nowadays, and not counting with the big ammount of portuguese imigrants that have big communitites spreaded around the world, being the biggest one of USA placed on Newark if im not wrong (yes they speak english but they are still portuguese, mind that).
Lt. Commander
# 54 oh boy
04-11-2012, 06:53 PM
I´ve been seeing your translations to german in the zone chats....friendly put, some of them are so bad that I had to laugh hard...honestly...who translated "gravity well" they way it is? give that guy a severe seizure for using the very first possible translation he could find on freakin´ google translator

what´s next? Arnold S. taking "ääktschen" (reads as "action"^^) to replace the narration of Mr. Nimoy?

I´ll fix your mess...50 bucks per word

bad translation is the very reason I stick to original language in almost every aspect of audiovisual content, whether it be Star Trek or The Simpsons or Futurama or movies etc.

I learned english playing videogames, dictionary always at hand - you guys take that opportunity from so many people this way...comfort over education....hooray...not.