Lt. Commander
# 11
04-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
I don't see any changes listed to Power Insulators in any of the Tribble patch notes.
He probably meant the April 5 notes. But I'm assuming you've played since then and are still happy.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=264729

•Power Insulators should now more accurately resist against all forms of Shield Drain abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
While I'm guessing the MACO is for survival would the Omega give you more drain from the turrets since your not really using them for damage but drain procs.

Must be a monster on those unshielded things in STF.
Now, you would think that wouldn't you. Truth be told; that was the original idea when I designed this build, Omega Eng / Shield, Borg Def / Console.

However, a little known fact, the Tetryon Glider is affected by Flow Cap (yes, yes, I know you all know that), but did you know TG is also modified by weapons power, (bet most didn't), Even running 230 FlwC (or what ever I have - at work right now, can't check) TG is something like 23 damage. Considering the trade off I would have to make as the M.A.C.O Shield and Deflector are FAR better individually, and the 5% CDR and 15 Power Insulators is really nice as well.

If I raise my weapon power to 125, its 70 a hit I think, this would be worth it, but 23.... not a chance. I also have MK XII M.A.C.O gear (from my Gal-X) and only MK XI Omega.

It will pull 4k DPS or their abouts in an ESTF, really good for cure with double tractor beam.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krenlik View Post
He probably meant the April 5 notes. But I'm assuming you've played since then and are still happy.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=264729

•Power Insulators should now more accurately resist against all forms of Shield Drain abilities.
Build was designed and build on the 7th, so that would be a 'yes'.

Allot of people don't run PI anyway (just not enough skill points for everything that is decent).
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
I don't see any changes listed to Power Insulators in any of the Tribble patch notes.
The up to 75% resists are working now. Your shield drains are now effected by the target's power insulators. Tribble tests: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=63

Quote:
Allot of people don't run PI anyway (just not enough skill points for everything that is decent).
Think about that one for a second, PI is cheap and only tier 2. Many deflector's provide an innate bonus (the borg deflector a huge one at that). PI also effects an Engineer's nadion inversion. If working properly against borg it should also dampen their shield drain as well in STF's. This is going to be a must have stat to put at least a couple points into for any good build.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75
The up to 75% resists are working now. Your shield drains are now effected by the target's power insulators. Tribble tests: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=63

Think about that one for a second, PI is cheap and only tier 2. Many deflector's provide an innate bonus (the borg deflector a huge one at that). PI also effects an Engineer's nadion inversion. If working properly against borg it should also dampen their shield drain as well in STF's. This is going to be a must have stat to put at least a couple points into for any good build.
Didn't say it wasn't a good skill, but that wont change the fact most people will not spec in to it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Didn't say it wasn't a good skill, but that wont change the fact most people will not spec in to it.
Most definitely people will sink a few points into it. They'd be stupid not to.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75
Most definitely people will sink a few points into it. They'd be stupid not to.
Yeah thats MY point, most people ARE stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Yeah thats MY point, most people ARE stupid.
Everyone is stupid.
It's only a matter of degree.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Build failed, the change to PI, just totally fcked it! CPB at 4000, no removed 87 shield from a cruiser with 122 PI!

22000 CPB + 8000 Tractor, removed less than 12k
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Build failed, the change to PI, just totally fcked it! CPB at 4000, no removed 87 shield from a cruiser with 122 PI!

22000 CPB + 8000 Tractor, removed less than 12k
Build failed as a PvP build, which you seem to concentrate on. It will be a failure however only if players take the nessissary steps to get resistance.
Build may still be a perfectly valide PvE build IF the NPC's are not buffed up with resistance.
It is likely that this whole area may see further change as the Devs see the results of it and any tests of it. For instance, I would not be suprised if the borg equipment had it's resistance altered, putting more importance on skilz.