Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
04-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmacgirthy View Post
We will be happy to! Just so you know it will be rephrased. It is rather loaded as written and our goal is not to pick a fight but to get answers. Our rephrasing will be more to the point, like this;

"Can you help us understand why Cryptic requires a development cycle many times longer than foundry authors experience?"

Will that suffice?
I agree, the re-phrased question is better and I'd really like them to give us an answer.
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
GAH! My questions NEVER get picked. . . :::crosses arms and pouts:::
That's because your questions are silly... Now the Mug question... that was fully relevant.

No dev works without coffe... and if he says he does... he is wrong
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
We will be happy to! Just so you know it will be rephrased. It is rather loaded as written and our goal is not to pick a fight but to get answers. Our rephrasing will be more to the point, like this;

"Can you help us understand why Cryptic requires a development cycle many times longer than foundry authors experience?"

Will that suffice?
Unfortunately not. I understand the need to be tactful, but unless the question is loaded and direct, it is too easy to dodge or invent a half answer.

Fact: A single Foundry author can turn out content in quantity and quality in less time than it takes multiple professional developers working full time and on sallary to produce. Foundry authors only have spare time to do ths, and they don't get paid. Something doesn't add up here. I feel that the question needs to be asked exactly as written. It's a heavy question, to be sure. But it is not a disrespectful question. It is an HONEST one which deserves an honest answer. Everyone in this community who had to endure the content drought and who has been disappointed by the indications that there will be significantly less content developed (2, maybe 3 FE series instead of the 9 or 10 we were told was the goal, and the indication that the KDF's PvE development is still to take a back seat to everytyhing else) deserve an honest answer to that honest question. We must also remember that we were assured that Foundry would not replace the development of content by Cryptic. In fact, we were told that Cryptic intended to increase content development.

So yes. I feel that the question should be asked as written. It's the right thing to do. When you ask it, just keep your tone respectful.

Of course, it's your interview. You must ask the questions as you see fit. But i would be disappointed if we get a round about answer that doesn't really reach the heart of the matter because the question was not direct and pointed enough and thus gave too much wiggle room.
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-12-2012, 10:44 AM
We will not be asking questions which are worded to contain an implicit insult to our guest. We would not ask you a question like that and we won't ask our interviewee either.

Apologies, I hope the answer that comes from our wording will be satisfactory.
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
We will not be asking questions which are worded to contain an implicit insult to our guest. We would not ask you a question like that and we won't ask our interviewee either.

Apologies, I hope the answer that comes from our wording will be satisfactory.
So be it. But the only thing I expect from a watered down question is a watered down response. But sometimes the unexpected does happen. Maybe it will this time.

Have a great interview, and I will be looking forward to all the responses.
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-12-2012, 11:33 AM
What was it like playing the arch-villain Blofeld in Diamonds Are Forever?
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
What was it like playing the arch-villain Blofeld in Diamonds Are Forever?
Pretty sure it's not the same guy...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0336509/
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-12-2012, 11:42 AM
On a more general note (not related to this specific interview at all) ... there are many ways to ask the hard questions in an interview. It's kind of what serious journalism is all about.

Sometimes that gets lost in certain industries and a lof it has strayed since print started to die a horrible death and the internet took over.

But the skills of being a dogged interviewer still exist. You can hone those skills and become one of those who doesn't back down from your guest, asks the tough questions and doesn't alienate anyone.

It's an art.

To reiterate, this is not related to this thread's topic. Again, I wish you folks the best with your interview and hope it goes great! There's a lot of great stuff that can come out of discussions the questions listed here can prompt, even the softballs.

I just wanted to make a point about the interview process in general is all.
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Pretty sure it's not the same guy...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0336509/
Did you really think I was being serious?
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Question:

Could we please get content we dont have to gamble for?