Lt. Commander
# 1 Bridge Officer Questions
04-12-2012, 02:07 PM
What do the different colors mean? I know purple is supposed to be rare, but what is a purple bridge officer better then a blue or green? Is it the skills they come with? Or are they just more effective?

Just became captain, I have a science ship so only have 4 stations, but when I click on stations on the left hand side I have a 5th spot that's grayed out, says no officer. What is the point of the 5th slot? Even if I put an officer there there is no free station?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypochondriacs
What do the different colors mean? I know purple is supposed to be rare, but what is a purple bridge officer better then a blue or green? Is it the skills they come with? Or are they just more effective?

Just became captain, I have a science ship so only have 4 stations, but when I click on stations on the left hand side I have a 5th spot that's grayed out, says no officer. What is the point of the 5th slot? Even if I put an officer there there is no free station?
Yes, the "color" of bridge officers shows their rarity (white - common, green - uncommon, blue - rare, purple - very rare).

Boffs of higher rarity have a higher chance to have the more desirable skills you can only get through random Boffs. Their traits also tend to be better.

Admiral ships mostly have 5 Boff stations, usually an additional ensign slot. And sometimes it may be nice to have some spare officers with different skills, to switch when needed depending on what you´re doing.