Lt. Commander
# 1 Cloak Consoles?
04-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Am I crazy, or, when I started this game were cloaking abilities not integrated with the ship? Specifically all KDF ships, the Galaxy Dreadnought, and Defiant Retrofit. I had both the Retrofit and Dreadnought before taking a six month break from the game, and when I came back I had consoles for my cloaks. Did they change cloaking to a console and not add console slots to the affected ships?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam.Paratus
Am I crazy, or, when I started this game were cloaking abilities not integrated with the ship? Specifically all KDF ships, the Galaxy Dreadnought, and Defiant Retrofit. I had both the Retrofit and Dreadnought before taking a six month break from the game, and when I came back I had consoles for my cloaks. Did they change cloaking to a console and not add console slots to the affected ships?
The Refit and Dreadnaught used to have one less console slot than other ships.

The point was PvEers weren't using the cloaks. This lets them take it out and get a full console loadout.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
The Refit and Dreadnaught used to have one less console slot than other ships.

The point was PvEers weren't using the cloaks. This lets them take it out and get a full console loadout.
Actually, this was part of a sweeping change to the way ship powers worked. Most ships that came with a special ability (like the cloak) had that power removed and turned into a console, and then had a console slot added.

This affected every Retrofit and special ship, not just the Defiant-R and the Dreadnought.