Lt. Commander
# 1 General Content/EULA Advice
04-12-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm new to the foundry. The first mission I've posted is a VERY rough Infected Space Trainer. I created it more as a concept demo to see if there was interest in making a more polished trainer.

I'm looking for advice/suggestions to make sure that my trainer isn't removed for content violaitons.

1. Should I make it look extremely generic (instead of looking like Infected), and explain the trainer in-game as being an STF Training Hologram simulating a standard Borg pre-invasion/foothold scenario?

2. How long should I make it? It's not my intention to make a Nagus Daily clone, but I think its possible that this trainer might be more useful to the STO community (well, STF players) than a Nagus Daily.

The mission is "Infected Space Elite Trainer v1" (st-hg2owldy4).
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2012, 01:29 PM
im not sure cryptic would mind too much but its always better to avoid copying someone else's work. generic would be safer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-12-2012, 05:05 PM
If you're asking if you can copy Cryptic's Infected map, I don't see why not? They even give you access to many of their pre-made maps. I don't think the EULA says anywhere that you can't copy one of their maps. I guess the question in most cases is why you'd want to, but if you're creating a trainer for the STF then that appears to be the answer to that question.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-12-2012, 05:55 PM
The EULA says you can recreate any environment from canon.

The only thing you cannot recreate is character likeness or a complete copy of a story. But if you want to, say, tell Best of Both Worlds from the perspective of another ship, that is fine. You just can't end with Riker on the bridge saying "Fire".

You are welcome to create an STF training ground, but you won't be able to recreate the mission. That's not a legal issue, but a technical one. They simply haven't provided us with all of the tools we need to recreate it.