Lt. Commander
# 21
04-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Ahhh. You Federation are always concerned when I crash your party

My writeup yesterday was more for Gul Nador's benefit than anything else. You know how we Cardassians need some friendly threats and challenges in order to build a trusting working relationship.

I also wanted to make his little trip to Harmony Station in his duct-tape and peanut-encrusted Galor a bit more interesting than just clunking along at Warp 3.5. So I thought to do an experiment to attach the Galor to the secondary hull of a Starfleet BCE (ship background backstory fluff to follow) by use of a gravitic anchor... then activate the quantum slipstream drive and see if it still sticks at Warp 35

A Galor class destroyer is not exactly as small as a Lyran PF but given the sheer size of a star cruiser, and the fact that I can tow away 3-5 Borg Spheres simultaneously for about 20km with TBR1 + EM3... does make a Galor look rather tiny compared to Starfleet's current graviton generator tech.

The way I do things, I don't just magically appear at the RP venue without some sort of background... which does not affect your established GMing but rather enhances it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not exactly alien to Gul Nador in-character. Infact we work very well together on the Allied Reconstruction Project for the past month or so despite unwanted interference from passing Federation fleets, and are active in the same theatre of operations.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Ahhh. You Federation are always concerned when I crash your party

My writeup yesterday was more for Gul Nador's benefit than anything else. You know how we Cardassians need some friendly threats and challenges in order to build a trusting working relationship.

I also wanted to make his little trip to Harmony Station in his duct-tape and peanut-encrusted Galor a bit more interesting than just clunking along at Warp 3.5. So I thought to do an experiment to attach the Galor to the secondary hull of a Starfleet BCE (ship background backstory fluff to follow) by use of a gravitic anchor... then activate the quantum slipstream drive and see if it still sticks at Warp 35

A Galor class destroyer is not exactly as small as a Lyran PF but given the sheer size of a star cruiser, and the fact that I can tow away 3-5 Borg Spheres simultaneously for about 20km with TBR1 + EM3... does make a Galor look rather tiny compared to Starfleet's current graviton generator tech.

The way I do things, I don't just magically appear at the RP venue without some sort of background... which does not affect your established GMing but rather enhances it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not exactly alien to Gul Nador in-character. Infact we work very well together on the Allied Reconstruction Project for the past month or so despite unwanted interference from passing Federation fleets, and are active in the same theatre of operations.
you keep mention peanuts, what did you do Nador? replace your keys with peanut shells held in place with good ol duct tap?

i would like to get this pony train under way tonight, will be posting the new thread in a bit.

PS ive worked with Nador on these boards in RP's as well. least till he tried to compute the last didget of Pi
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Butters
you keep mention peanuts, what did you do Nador? replace your keys with peanut shells held in place with good ol duct tap?

i would like to get this pony train under way tonight, will be posting the new thread in a bit.
You should see the REM command console on his 'borrowed' Federation Galaxy-X in last week's STF exercise.

There were so many peanut shells on the console used in place of LCARs keys, my crew mistaken it for a Cardassian portrait.

EDIT:

This is the Great Peanut Monument Gul Nador erected on Cardassia to commemorate his peanut-keyed victory in Infected Space STF.

http://blog.doubleidentity.co.uk/wp-.../P10600531.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
This is the Great Peanut Monument Gul Nador erected on Cardassia to commemorate his peanut-keyed victory in Infected Space STF.

http://blog.doubleidentity.co.uk/wp-.../P10600531.jpg
lol, magnificent
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-12-2012, 09:25 PM
To Gul Nador:

SFC has enabled IC thread here.

See if your... loyal underlings from the Reconstruction Forces would like to participate. They will be handsomely rewarded for their time :3

--

As for my participation, I am presently scheduled to attend a directors' meeting in about 1/2 standard galactic hour.

I would endeavour to maintain a posting rate of one (1) detailed essay per standard day until the completion of this activity.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
To Gul Nador:

SFC has enabled IC thread here.

See if your... loyal underlings from the Reconstruction Forces would like to participate. They will be handsomely rewarded for their time :3
dont worry about not being none Fed, well make it work.

but there are so few of us for the RP community that some character story flexibility will be necessary so we can do a variably of story's. but that is for another day as we have this one to play.

--

Quote:
As for my participation, I am presently scheduled to attend a directors' meeting in about 1/2 standard galactic hour.

I would endeavour to maintain a posting rate of one (1) detailed essay per standard day until the completion of this activity.
one a day is fine but dont feel bad about posting smaller chunks to move plot along. im not exactly much for long winded posts myself.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-12-2012, 09:42 PM
OOC: Sorry, was busy...I'll read up and catch up quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Quote:

PS ive worked with Nador on these boards in RP's as well. least till he tried to compute the last didget of Pi
My primary computer blew up during an electrical storm. Yes two surge protectors (or so called surge protectors failed and fried as well). I am now relegated to a very old laptop with very small keys and a mouse pad (which slows me down and makes it easy to hit the wrong button or overdo it. IE. ship speed..either I am at full impulse or no impulse and very very tricky to get it in between).
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
lol, magnificent
It is the envy of the Alpha Quadrant. People shall fly from as far as the Delta Quadrant to take a picture of them and the monument of Nador.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nador_Ekoor View Post
My primary computer blew up during an electrical storm. Yes two surge protectors (or so called surge protectors failed and fried as well). I am now relegated to a very old laptop with very small keys and a mouse pad (which slows me down and makes it easy to hit the wrong button or overdo it. IE. ship speed..either I am at full impulse or no impulse and very very tricky to get it in between).
UGG sorry to hear.

Sounds to me it may be time to invest in a smart phone.