Lt. Commander
Hi everyone! I just got my defiant retrofit last night, and am not looking at how I want to set it up. Also since I am a returning player I need to respec my skills.

My idea for weapons so far is

three dual cannons antiproton and a quantum torp launcher

on the back, 2 antiproton turrets and a mine launcher

Are these good choices? I want to do both elite STFs and PVP.

As for the rest of the loadout, I'm really not sure how I should do it.

I would also like to know if dual beam banks would be viable for this build instead.

and lastly, I think I need to retrain my BOs... I have cannon rapid fire 1 + 3, 2x torpedo yield III, Torp spread 1 + 2, and 2x tactical team 1

I have shield team 1, the hull repair skill, and polarize

I guess I'm looking for suggestions from more experienced players.

Thanks for any help!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Also help with my character build would be appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 3 I'm not an expert
04-12-2012, 07:50 AM
I would recommend dumping the mine launcher for a chroniton torpedo launcher. High yield your quantums on the attack run, then as you're pulling away, do a torpedo spread and hit the chron to get potential slows on your targets. Stick with antiproton and quantum tac consoles though. Make sure you're fully DOFFed out. I prefer [ACC]x2 weapons to increase chances of hits (and procs/criticals), especially on turrets. I view turrets as proc generators, not damage, so personally I would use phasers instead of antiprotons for the potential system disabling. Make sure you have armor consoles targetted for your combats; I'm lazy so I just run neutronium.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moronwmachinegun
Make sure you're fully DOFFed out. I prefer [ACC]x2 weapons to increase chances of hits (and procs/criticals), especially on turrets. I view turrets as proc generators, not damage, so personally I would use phasers instead of antiprotons for the potential system disabling. Make sure you have armor consoles targetted for your combats; I'm lazy so I just run neutronium.
OK, I know I have a lot to learn about Duty officers... I didn't realize they were that important. I'm not sure what to look for in doffing out my ship

As for armor consoles targeted for combats, I don't understand at all... could you clarify for me?

And thanks very much for the suggestions. I will definitely consider the phaser turrets!.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Out of curiosity, how bad would it be to replace the phaser turrets with phaser beam arrays... the blue ones that scale with my level? I like the way they look
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Can't say about the scaling phaser beams.

For DOFFing, there are many duty officers that can impact your space combat. most important one is probably the "20% chance to reduce torpedo launcher cooldown by X sec". You can equip up to three of those.

For armor consoles, see this page:

http://www.stowiki.org/Engineering_Consoles

Neutronium defends against all energy and kinetic attacks, but less than consoles specific to a weapon type.

Resists are key, and can seriously improve your survive-ability.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks.

What do you think about this for skill point allocation?

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...d=Mybuild666_0
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Anyone? I am eager to respec
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-12-2012, 08:32 PM
I'd suggest 2 DHCs and 2 quantum launchers fore, 3 turrets aft.
Assign 3 projectile weapon officers to space duty and go nuts.
this setup has little power drain and a constant stream of torpedos when your DOs proc their cooldown reduction.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllyraen
I'd suggest 2 DHCs and 2 quantum launchers fore, 3 turrets aft.
Assign 3 projectile weapon officers to space duty and go nuts.
this setup has little power drain and a constant stream of torpedos when your DOs proc their cooldown reduction.
Thanks! I'll play around with that build as well. could you take a look at my skills and tell me if I'm on the right track?

What do you think about this for skill point allocation?

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...d=Mybuild666_0