Lt. Commander
# 61
04-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Well I will say this, quick mission. But I really like the new soundtrack that was added.

But as for the scary aspect.........well sorry to say that did not deliver. Especially compared to the Third Devidian Episode, now that mission can still cause some reaction even after all this time.

Perhaps if the clones came out of a dark room with flickering lights?

And nice new rewards, a Psionic Lirpa? Nice!

And a DOFF that boosts Psionic powers, not much use but it's the thought that counts.
Lt. Commander
# 62 I liked the mission...
04-12-2012, 11:07 PM
I thought it was OK, and having the minipuzzle going while the gas is killing you was a nice touch. Yes it was kinda short, but seeing those rows of clones and hearing the decanted ones chanting at you about logic was pretty freaky!

I do hope the Dev continues the story, after all how do we know we killed all the clones, or that the dead Sibek we saw was the original? It could become a mini-FE series, with replays and a new mission released every Friday 13th (there's two every year) . Clones could appear anywhere, working for any faction. I was convinced it was going to be a zombie themed mission, bu clones are close enough!
Lt. Commander
# 63
04-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
p.s. lock boxes and rewards in them don't take "mission" resources - they take systems and costume resources (some of which can even be outsourced).
I think you'd have received much less anger and hostility if these systems and costume resources had been used for items that went directly into the C-Store. We've seen many times that costumes are a popular purchase and would have guaranteed you sales, but instead you chose to put them in a chance box.

Not only that, you introduced yet another currency/token into the game! The consolidation of merits/honor/badges/medals into dilithium was a good idea, but you then added over a dozen different tokens for STFs/Defera invasion, taking up finite bank/inventory space.

During season 5 development, one of the devs (I believe it was jHeinig) talked about energy credits and latinum, how people had amassed fortunes, and needed things to sink them into. You began to address this with transwarping to missions, but there has been nothing since. The transwarp consumable pack you introduced a while ago, which should have cost EC, instead went into the dilithium store.

The GPL store has seen no new additions, GPL is the perfect currency for Ferengi vendors, yet you chose to open a new store for a new currency.
Lt. Commander
# 64
04-13-2012, 12:38 AM
I enjoyed the mission. it was fun for what it was, a short patrol like mission. id like to see more of them. i liked the doff reward as i like to collect those.

I must admit i do prefer permanent content over limited time events. however im also not opposed to events themselves so its not a big deal. my only criticism is that i think it could have been here for the whole weekend at least. i know its a friday 13th thing but some people wont be able to make it on that given day and a weekend just gives people a little more of a chance.
Lt. Commander
# 65
04-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Quote:
In defense of the kind soul who spent their own personal time making this mission
i do appreciate anyone who goes above an beyond. it is important to remember that things made in their own time are extra's that we only get because of their dedication. so thank you for that. i hope your team dont feel too shot down by some of the comments and continue to show dedication beyond normal working hours.
Lt. Commander
# 66
04-13-2012, 01:07 AM
Is this the new trend? Doing episodes that aren't available purrmeownently? Why do cute content if it's not really playable? At least not for longer than a few days a year (like the invasion zone too).
Lt. Commander
# 67
04-13-2012, 01:32 AM
Quote:
In defense of the kind soul who spent their own personal time making this mission quite some time ago but was asked if they would hold of publishing it so we use it for a fun little Friday the 13th event - that person doesn't deserve the crap laid on them by this thread.

Since F2P launched we have seen one of the most intense 5 week Feature Episode series, a new fully produced KDF episode, a remade KDF Fleet Action, an updated FED/KDF Fleet Action, a Star Trek themed Holiday accompanied by a sale, entirely new worldwide missions on Defera, a fun little friday the 13th episode, and next week you are getting a level 51 shuttle 5 man mission.

On top of that Season 6 is under heavy development which will bring a new Defera like ground invasion, several new 5 man events, new 20 man Fleet events that take place at your starbase, along with starbase construction missions, the start of the PVP overhaul, new Foundry content and anything else like tonight's episode that someone on the team wants to spend their own after hours time making.

So while I can understand the frustration of the last year, since we launched F2P, it has been a lot more content and a lot more on the way.

I can appreciate skepticism, but the hate dumped on an employee who made something fun for everyone to do on Friday the 13th is a bit much.

p.s. lock boxes and rewards in them don't take "mission" resources - they take systems and costume resources (some of which can even be outsourced). Software and Content teams are doing nothing but making new game features and mission content every day = i.e. Season 6
I'm one to give someone crap but I'd give this one 10 stars If I could It was very well done and would like to see more like this to come out. Possibly maybe they could do one for memorial day of the battle of Wolf 359 and the Destruction of Romulus... maybe a special liberated borg who was taken at 359, some other type of survivor, and a doff hellbent on revenge from Romulus.
Lt. Commander
# 68
04-13-2012, 01:44 AM
It'd be cool if the exploration clusters were done this atmospherically.

That's the gist of the mission: a really good exploration cluster but with several custom assets (music, VO, character/environment art).
Lt. Commander
# 69
04-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Fun little episode.

But, did the clones start conducting experiments on the original? thats a little more Twilight Zone then Star Trek. ( I would agree that the unvaling of the clones should have been more of a shocking moment)

Over all the mission we got was good, and the Dev team that did this should get a pat on the back. Season 6 sounds pretty good, but that also sounds a little far off. I'm hoping that we get a few more of these “one-off episodes” before then.
Lt. Commander
# 70
04-13-2012, 02:52 AM
Ok, I'm going to be brutally honest here, because if I don't bring up things I feel are wrong, they are certainly never going to be addressed.

SPOILERS HERE!

I just played the mission, and I didnt really feel threatened, there was no human instinct of being hunted or anything, it just...wasn't scary. The addition of the horror sound when you scan thee guy's body was a nice touch and all, but the rest just felt as if I was walking around a dimly lit station, and that somehow doesnt terrify me.

In What Lies Beneath, there was a feeling that the place was definitely haunted, the destroyed look as well as the total darkness allowed you to feel isolated and vulnerable, there was also a lot more of an "unseen enemy" type of feel towards it. I'm sorry to rip you guys on this, but I just was not scared.

I feel some of the assets however, such as the dim lighting, could be helpful in the Foundry, and maybe someone can make a truly terrifying mission, but as it stands, it just felt like I was looking for a mad Vulcan, and I killed him. Job done. Go home, have a Raktajino.

My advice? Get some of your content designers to play games like Scratches or Amnesia, powerful atmospheric horrors that elicit that feeling of true terror that I should have been feeling.