Lt. Commander
# 1 Alpha Assets
04-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Is there any plan to add the space backdrop from "Alpha"? I loved the planet taking up half the screen. And if we could have different color options, even better.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2012, 03:17 PM
It would be cool, that was a very well done space map, even if it was a bit cribbed from Avatar, as was the ground map.

I was pleasantly surprised that they came through on Utopia Planitia, so it is possible they will. But the overwhelming number of new maps that have come out have not been added.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
It would be cool, that was a very well done space map, even if it was a bit cribbed from Avatar, as was the ground map.

I was pleasantly surprised that they came through on Utopia Planitia, so it is possible they will. But the overwhelming number of new maps that have come out have not been added.
How so? We've seen a number of jungle worlds on Star Trek. And we have been demanding better world/moon scaling since day one. I'd hardly say they were ripping off that crap movie.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Did I say ripping off? I said cribbed a little and that is just my impression when I first saw it. Nothing exists in a vacuum, everything is colored by what came before, that goes for viewers as well as creators weather intentionally or not. I doubt I'm the only one to make the connection and to be honest I don't care if they consciously looked at Avatar for inspiration or if their map designer has never even seen it. Bottom line is I liked the maps a lot, they were stunning. And for the record I thought Avatar was fantastic, through not particularly original either.

Anyway my POINT was don't get your hopes up about them being added in the Foundry. It would be fantastic if they are, but I'm not holding my breath.