Lt. Commander
# 11
04-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobiusMaximus View Post
Considering how long its been around for, I have a feeling this is another one of those fixes that would require to heavy of an investment in resources, manpower, and time for cryptic to even attempt to address.
But you see, it's not been around that long. It was fixed a long time ago. It came back in the last few months. We just need someone to see this.

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
This alone is my worst, second only to the annoying dialogue popups in the middle of a fight.

The number of times I have missed an opportunity to carry through an expose attack or have been killed because the game cannot respond in time is laughable. When you have abilities that misfire, with the omni-pvp-savy TSI or Sad Panda's targeting you, its a foregone conclusion that you are about to die horribly
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forjo View Post
But you see, it's not been around that long. It was fixed a long time ago. It came back in the last few months. We just need someone to see this.

-Forjo
Sorry but this problem has never been gone, it has been programmed as it is. I think you're confusing two different problems.

Problems the OP has is abilities do not actually activate when pressed but it still gives the illusion that they are being fired because the animation of ability activation does occur. You just have to keep pressing the ability until it finally works lol.

Thats one issue, and the other one is that the system cannot handle multiple inputs, the issue will only grow worse as multiple things are being done, like distribute shields + ability or some other combinaton. Sometimes the abilities even fight over which will fire first. its just bad coding and design.

And yes this requires too much manpower and things to fix because it will most likely require a total overhaul of that particular system with all the problems and new bugs that may be introduced by it. Just forget about this problem they are not going to fix it, ever.

To them (Cryptic) it is no bug, no bad programming, and behaves accordingly. Who are we do decide whether this was intentional or not. The fact remains though that all (or most) other MMO's have their Ability/activation/ability queuing system much better programmed to relieve the stress people can have because they have to worry about whether a particular ability has really been activated or not.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
Sorry but this problem has never been gone, it has been programmed as it is. I think you're confusing two different problems.
That is untrue, power queuing was fixed or at least it was better then what we have now.

Here is the release notes from March 5th, 2010.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=133293

The relevant part I have highlighted below.

There was a bug in using powers on your power tray that would cause powers to not fire consistently or to interrupt powers you intended to queue up. We have address the issue where powers with a cooldown were interrupting previous powers you requested, and looking into additional fixes to make power queuing multiple powers in a row more reliable.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-20-2012, 02:25 PM
They fixed UI lag with Season 4,but it only lasted for a few short weeks.These past weeks the UI lag,skills not activating,has become progressively worse.I can't count the number of times I died in PvP because my hypo failed,or weapons refuse to fire.....and I'm sure it happens to all of us in the queues.

Cryptic,if we have to click on an icon or press a key over and over again in the hope the skill/consumable/weapon does anything....then there is something seriously wrong.When I'm fighting my enemies,I don't want to fight my UI as well.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-21-2012, 05:25 AM
Frankly this has always been a major issue.. in fact I believe it's the most commonly mentioned bug by my fleet. Just tonight we where discussing how it brakes the flow and enjoyment of the game.

Cryptic, are there any plans to look at this issue?
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-25-2012, 01:35 AM
ive noticed that this is happening more and more each week, its getting quite frustrating
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-23-2012, 03:17 PM
COME ON!

This is ridiculous! Why are the devs ignoring this?!?!?

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Playing through the first Cardy mission (not the FE), I've just had this happen. It was most unfortunate, as it happened right as I was getting ganged up on by 3 squads in the hanger. No triolic pattern enhancers, no ophidian cane, no seeker drone, heck, I couldn't even run in and hit them with my sword. And I tried.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-29-2012, 09:59 PM
That happens to me with "Abandon ship".

Hull health is at 14% and it STILL doesn't light up.