Lt. Commander
^^^^ title sums it up... Would rather pay 240cp and be happy than the other method....

p.s if anyone wants to do rule 113 ... go ahead :O
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-13-2012, 07:16 AM
I would probably buy a lot of the things that are lockbox exclusives directly from the c-store. But they seem to think IŽd rather spend 500 bucks on a skirt through gamble crystals.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Chat agrees with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
p.s if anyone wants to do rule 113 ... go ahead :O
*sings* You're noooot the boss of meeeeeee...
Lt. Commander
# 4 Agreed
04-13-2012, 10:54 AM
I whole-heartedly agree. The reported drop rates for Lobi crystals makes this insanely expensive.

I just crunched some numbers, using an average drop rate of 4.4 crystals per lock box (from another thread). If you're buying C-points to buy Master Keys, here are my numbers:
  • Earrings = $14.20
  • Merchant's Jacket = $28.40
  • Entrepeneur's Jacket = $42.61
  • Open Jacket = $56.81
Of course, if you buy the 10-packs of keys, you'll save 10% on those prices.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Id like to see all the ferengi items in a ferengi bundle. f you want to buy it out right then you can, if you want to for for the d'kora and end up with enough crystals then fine but you have a choice.

its a shame that some nice items are being made but only usable by a small amount of people. these items dont have to be so hard to buy. you'll make more money by having them reasonably priced in the lobi store than putting them out of reach of most people and relying on the big spenders.

ive spent loads on these boxes and could just about afford the cosmetic items yet would then have no hope of getting the shuttle, the boff, the weapon set if i did. id like them all but they are out of my reach.

big items like the d'kora -fine i understand why they need to be rare and why they are in boxes. reasonable prices are the way forward for normal items or the option.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-13-2012, 12:02 PM
No. First they need to milk your money through lockboxes. Once this event is over, then they'll allow you to pay for these outfits.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erocker View Post
No. First they need to milk your money through lockboxes. Once this event is over, then they'll allow you to pay for these outfits.
If there was some assurance the items would go directly into the C-store for reasonable (IE the same price as other costume pack) prices, I'd be *fine* waiting until the event is over. However, I doubt we'll ever see these things in the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-13-2012, 08:48 PM
And while they are at it, can you make them look like the Ferengi Jackets we know and love (ie Quarks Jacket), not this made up design.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-15-2012, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
I would probably buy a lot of the things that are lockbox exclusives directly from the c-store. But they seem to think IŽd rather spend 500 bucks on a skirt through gamble crystals.
Maybe not you, but someone else will do it, and they probably believe - mistakenly or rightfully - that these other people will overall pay more than everyone that would buy it for regular C-Store prices regularly together.

I hope they find out they're wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Myself I'd even be happy to pay a fairly steep price in the C-store for these things, provided they made it a uniform piece so I can put them on my boffs. It would be worth 400 CP just to have some Klingon costume options.