Lt. Commander
Hello there,

I am pretty stupid when it comes to keybinds. I have a few I copied directly from others and keep in a file. However, there is one I have not been able to find a copy of. How can I bind speed to mouse wheel? I want the speed to increase as mouse wheel is pushed forward and decreased as it is rolled back.

As I said, I am pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff, so if someone would be kind enough to write one out I can copy and paste to my file, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-13-2012, 03:47 PM
I haven't found the keybind commands either, but I didn't have to because there is a way to do it in-game:

Main Menu > Options > Keybinds > Space : Select Throttle Forward and Throttle back to Mouse Scroll Up and Mouse Scroll Down.

I'm curious to know the keybord command equivalent, but I get by just fine with this. It also clears with the "unbind_all" command as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Wow!! Thanks a bunch!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-14-2012, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaqua
I haven't found the keybind commands either, but I didn't have to because there is a way to do it in-game:

Main Menu > Options > Keybinds > Space : Select Throttle Forward and Throttle back to Mouse Scroll Up and Mouse Scroll Down.

I'm curious to know the keybord command equivalent, but I get by just fine with this. It also clears with the "unbind_all" command as well.
Q is throttle down, E is throttle up. R is Max throttle or complete stop.

I find hitting R, E to slow to 1/4 impulse to turn tighter than R, R to go back to full speed works. I don't think I could use the Mouse wheel as well, that being said my mouse has issues ATN.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-14-2012, 02:06 AM
You can do it, I'm using it myself, but you can't use scroll when defining a key, instead you have to click on the key list and look for scroll up, scroll down options in the list, select them with the increase and decrease throttle options and then you can use your mouse scroll for speed.