Lt. Commander
# 191
04-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel_Falcon View Post
Actually I believe they need to just remove this console from the game.
Shield consoles shouldn't be necessary. Science station slots should be used for science abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 192
04-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Actually, now that I think of it... It seems like having universal slots for things like shield buffing makes the most sense, flavor-wise. Tactical, engineering, and science slots should be reserved for ability-enhancing consoles. Equipment that simply buffs a ship should be universal, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 193
04-14-2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel_Falcon View Post
Actually I believe they need to just remove this console from the game. I do quite well using mk XII Omega in Elite Stf. Additionally, this would free up sci console slots for other uses. And give that RSP timers will be lengthen there's no need for it.
This. Quoted for truth. Rebalance shield capacity if they are not strong enough to do with the job. Get rid of the needlessly complicated shield console.

I'd love to drop that console completely and use more of the consoles I've spent real money on. Or maybe allow for science to boost science abilities...
Lt. Commander
# 194
04-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph.B
This. Quoted for truth. Rebalance shield capacity if they are not strong enough to do with the job. Get rid of the needlessly complicated shield console.

I'd love to drop that console completely and use more of the consoles I've spent real money on. Or maybe allow for science to boost science abilities...
The problem here is taking things away from people. Most people don't like to have things they worked for just vanish.

My idea of turning them into universal slot equipment fixes the problem of them displacing science-flavored consoles like the particle generator.
Lt. Commander
# 195
04-16-2012, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuriciodide
The problem here is taking things away from people. Most people don't like to have things they worked for just vanish.

My idea of turning them into universal slot equipment fixes the problem of them displacing science-flavored consoles like the particle generator.
I suppose on the surface one could see it that way, but look at it from my perspective: If the every shield was boosted by 20% (18% if you prefer) then players wouldn't need to have a field generator. Plus they'd have the console slot they were using for another console of their choice (be it a universal or science).

That seems like a win/win solution to me for everyone including Cryptic's C-store. More open slots allow for more use of purchased consoles and build variety.

What is gained is better than what is lost IMHO.

The assimilated console and field generator are the most valuable consoles in the game. No other consoles give so much for so little. Every player levels, grinds, pvps, pves and thrives all the way to VA without them, why are they nearly mandatory suddenly at end game?

Anyway, that's my position on the matter, I don't want to take anything away from anyone, I want the most good for the players with the smallest amount of heartache for the development team.