Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Those were all things that happened long before WoW.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Writing Foundry missions might be a good idea. Maybe I can come up with something better than the ultra lame "Find a nerve tonic for Cassidy" That alone shows how little imagination the people at Cryptic have. They may be geniuses when it comes to programming, but they know diddly when it comes to game theory. So far their idea of a game is, go to the system, shoot the bad guys, beam down, shoot the bad guys, beam up, shoot the bad guys, here's a gift for shooting the bad guys. Really!?!
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHeston
Writing Foundry missions might be a good idea. Maybe I can come up with something better than the ultra lame "Find a nerve tonic for Cassidy" That alone shows how little imagination the people at Cryptic have. They may be geniuses when it comes to programming, but they know diddly when it comes to game theory. So far their idea of a game is, go to the system, shoot the bad guys, beam down, shoot the bad guys, beam up, shoot the bad guys, here's a gift for shooting the bad guys. Really!?!
The drive to do something better than the current builders is the one thing that makes great projects happen. To be fair, Cryptic is in the same boat as other game companies these days in having to cater to the generation of players who can't even find their own state on a globe, and who find any gameplay beyond 'go-kill-loot-gloat-moveon' uncomfortable. Uncomfortable='bad for sales' to an executive business owner, and the executive business owners only care about how much money the game can make them, not if it is the best game it could be. And since they sign the paychecks of the designers and project heads....

Anyway, I hope you come up with some great missions. The game will be much better for it, and I hope you find it enjoyable too.