Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I logged in today after being offline for a couple of days to find that my two major characters Phoebe@Therumancer and Lasade@Therumancer are missing just about all of their inventory. Their ships are stripped, all their salvage is gone, pieces of their bridge officer/personal equipment are totally gone. ECs are gone.

I have submitted a ticket in game (hopefully correctly), but wanted to draw attention to this in case it's the result of a bug rather than a hack, and also because despite being a FTP player I've dropped a pretty substantial amount of money on this game so far, and right now my characters are pretty much unplayable.

If this is the result of a glitch or something known, I can wait it out, otherwise I'd like an investigation not only to get my stuff refunded, but to also hopefuly find out who was responsible if my account was hacked. While some of the stuff that is missing does not seem like it should have been salable, it does occur to me that if this is like similar events in WoW (which I was lukily never victimized by) the people doing the hack probably sold everything they could and then mailed the ECs (since my characters are empty of ECs) to another account which is probably trackable. Checking the mail system briefly I couldn't find a list of sent messages, but I'd imagine a GM can, and if you can see my character sending out hundreds of thousands or millions of ECs to another account... that's probably going to help point to the culprit if I was hacked.

If this was someone I slotted off somehow (though I can't figure out how, since I never seemed to **** anyone off) I'm sorry, and if it's a general troll, I hope their head winds up on a pike somewhere.

At any rate I should go check my Champions account, been a while since I played, but if this is my first hack over these years, I should make sure nobody got into my other Cryptic game since they share account/@ information and I'm not sure how this could have happened.

If they don't already (I didn't see an opton) perhaps Cryptic might consider supporting/selling security keys. I sure as heck don't like having dropped a bunch of real money on a game and then seeing my account rendered unplayable.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2012, 02:13 AM
Sounds like you have been hacked.

See this long thread ..
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ht=been+hacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
The quickest way to get help on a hacked issue is to email customerservice@perfectworld.com with the subject HACKED.

Put all relevant information in that email.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Sounds like you have been hacked.

See this long thread ..
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ht=been+hacked
Thanks for the response.

Such a lovely thing, I put in a ticket through the game but haven't gotten a response yet (it's been 8 hours now, which seems like a long time for me, but probably isn't that bad). I'll do the PW thing as well.

While I didn't lose anywhere near as much as the guys in that thread you linked, I did lost all my progress on my mail characters and ships, to the tune of hours and hours of play. Despite the investment of time and money if this isn't addressed somehow I'm probably just going to quit and stick entirely with games that support security keys. I've never been hacked before, but it sucks royally.