Lt. Commander
I was updating a previous mission that I'd done and, after that, I previewed the map, but the contact was missing from the map.

Has this happened to other people or just me? If it has [happened to others], how did you solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
I was updating a previous mission that I'd done and, after that, I previewed the map, but the contact was missing from the map.

Has this happened to other people or just me? If it has [happened to others], how did you solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Is it possible that the contact got killed by a grenade? They claimed to have fixed that, but it still seems broken.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Is it possible that the contact got killed by a grenade? They claimed to have fixed that, but it still seems broken.
No, I don't think so. The static map shows the contact is on screen, but, when I preview it, she's not there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
No, I don't think so. The static map shows the contact is on screen, but, when I preview it, she's not there.
How exactly are you previewing it? If you're playing the dialogues and seeing no contact appear, then that has never really worked.

Is this a popup that doesn't show the character? Or is this an actual npc contact put on a ground or space map, and when you play test it, the npc is nowhere to be seen?

Can you give us as much detailed info as possible? Or, if you want real time help, there is probably someone in our chat room who will help you here.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
How exactly are you previewing it? If you're playing the dialogues and seeing no contact appear, then that has never really worked..
That was the problem. lol I played the whole mission from beginning to end and the contact was there without any issues at all.

Thanks for the help, everybody!
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
That was the problem. lol I played the whole mission from beginning to end and the contact was there without any issues at all.

Thanks for the help, everybody!
Yeah, don't even mess around with previewing advanced dialogues in the dialogues tab. It has never worked, so it's useless.

I always go to the map editor, play the map, immediately reset the map, and test it that way.

It's important to press that reset button or else you won't see some of the popups when you test.