Lt. Commander
# 11
04-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Interesting you mention the pheromones. I have an Orion female on my main from the old pre-doff diplo grind.

I made her back story as she was a part of a minority faction of Orion society that are oppressed to the Orion Syndicate. the faction was gaining some ground and even were planning on setting up an new independent Orion homeworld.

When Melani D'ian took over the syndicate she began to purge out the Free Orions, any supporters, and sympathizers. By 2399 much of the leadership is dead or on the run.

Nunna being the daughter of one of the leaders was separated from her parents at the age of 15. Staying true to her parent ideals she wore a pair of pheromone countering earrings and refused to take jobs normally taken by Orions. She picked up mechanical engineering and traded her services as engineer on trading ships to get as far away from the syndicate as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-15-2012, 06:13 PM
lol just give the Feds a male Orion if you want bikinis and Female play KDF

Wouldnt mind an Orion mini Faction a group that just wants to start anew

The Orion Fed in JJTrek is from another timeline maybe there more accepted over there or undergoes some kind of change for the pheromone issue
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Won't the pheromone issue be similar to the issues with Ilia the Deltans in the motion picture?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraBishop
lol just give the Feds a male Orion if you want bikinis and Female play KDF

Wouldnt mind an Orion mini Faction a group that just wants to start anew

The Orion Fed in JJTrek is from another timeline maybe there more accepted over there or undergoes some kind of change for the pheromone issue
They mention that guys can't resist her in the novel version I hear.

Yeah I've seen a few "alien" fedside players set up as Orions. Some had pheromone suppressants, which was cool back-story wise.

A few had the facepalm worthy tale of having a horrible life as a slave and they managed to get free, and thus absolutely distrust 99% of men. Not that I doubt such an event could happen, but unless it was a Vulcan (or rare race where men aren't affected) or a female master (as females of most races merely get headaches and nothing more)... such a horrible life is... bleh.

I mean, how can anybody believe Orion slave girls aren't pulling the strings, yet ADMIT they cannot be resisted by most men, and have potent pheromones?

Though, another question is to the OP asking for Orion outfits for this "orion playable fed race" You must be meaning off-duty ones. Because I doubt the federation would allow commanding officials to be wearing bikini+loincloth only .
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
Quote:
And who goes off into battle in a bikini ?
Orion female KDf players .
Nope!

Ignore my tactical officer >.>
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
Your orion BO in the background is perfectly acceptable. That look is also rare as the bulk of people get this mindset of "Oh we must use the full orion look!"

As for your character... Idummo, personally I guess I find it weird when I see Orion's with human skintones, not exactly sure why.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-16-2012, 02:10 AM
I certainly wear the trousers on my ship, those horrid flappy lion clothes can go right out the nearest airlock... the bikinis aren't to bad with a certain slider turned right down.

We do need some more outfits but not at Ferengi prices
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
As for your character... Idummo, personally I guess I find it weird when I see Orion's with human skintones, not exactly sure why.
I thought it was silly at first as well and thought it was a status symbol to be green, but once I actually got behind one of the green skinned *******s for a week and a half, I couldn't take it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Meh, I always hated what Enterprise did to the Orions. You would think that after the first Earth vessel is overtaken by three Orion women all cadets would learn to stay the hell away from green women. But noooo, Pike believed in "Orion slave girls", Mendez did, Kirk did, Marta isn't a skillful manipulator anymore but a girl with pheromones. Enterprise was as bad for Star Trek as Abrams....

Concerning the original topic: Ages ago we had the option in dstahl's engineering reports to promote a boff to a player character. That should have taken care of it since you can earn an Orion with diplomacy and then promote it. Unfortunately it went the way of the new hair tech. It would have probably also meant that you get to keep the Orion "working clothes" since Cryptic has so far been unable to enable even human-shaped KDF-aliens access to Starfleet uniforms. Personally I'm against that, even though it doesn't matter. There isn't that much difference between the Leia-costumes and the mirror universe uniforms.

By the way, I would love playable Deltans as a Starfleet alternative with Seductive.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
By the way, I would love playable Deltans as a Starfleet alternative with Seductive.
This is nothing seductive about a bald lady with big lips.

Besides, Deltans aren't seductive per-se, they just have a highly tuned sexuality that could be considered seductive to someone with a lack of self control.