Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
04-09-2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716
fleet actions i think would be an awesome way to introduce people to pvp. heres the idea- the fed side would be allowed up to 20 players and have the main objective. while up to 5 klingon players would be allowed in with the sole intent of "distrupting" the fed mission.

example- maximum of 20 federation ships and 6 klingon players per event.
for every 5 fed players, 2 klingons may be allowed to join on the npc side.
the federation side mission: starbase 24- tons of npc targets for the feds to destroy- their objective is to fight past them (or sneak) to starbase 24 and defeat a "boss".

the klingon mission: starbase 24 is being attacked by the high command, your mission is take a small raiding force and distrupte the federations attempts at defeating the flagship of the assault.

mission completeion triggers-
the federations successfully destroys the klingon flagship.
the klingon players sole mission is to destroy 10 federation ships for every 5 human federation players.

well... at least this sounds good in my head...
I like that idea. What would be even better would be if the game made klingon humans indistinguishable from klingon NPC's
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-09-2012, 01:27 PM
:/ not even the devs liked my title...

am i the only Sin City / Clive Owen fan here?! - cuz if i am, i'll be quiet.

Oh btw, i do appreciate the response. I honestly didn't think this thread would get one.

Also thank you to everyone who posted ideas after the dev post - instead of trying to bite his head off. I'm sure their use to it by now; but use to it and enjoying it are two very different things.

I'm also sad to hear it's only 4 ppl working on pvp - not that i have any idea how many ppl are assigned to working on STO at the time, or what % of that force the 4 on pvp constitute. Just seems like not enough.

I'll be sure to sacrifice a few noobs to my pagan gods so that you guys will have the energy and acumen to make great changes for us.

That's all i really wanted to say, plz keep up the great posts guys if you have any more good ideas - Put them down as concisely as possible. Short term stuff has priority in my mind but any suggestions on general pvp direction are great too. If you think they deserve their own thread, that's fine too.
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshimura
I'm also sad to hear it's only 4 ppl working on pvp - not that i have any idea how many ppl are assigned to working on STO at the time, or what % of that force the 4 on pvp constitute. Just seems like not enough.
If done properly work on PvP and PvE would be mostly done at the same time. They should be setting up systems where PvP and PvE both are part of a complete fleets-controling-sector-space system. You read my thread, you know what i'm talking about.

I fear that instead of making the fleet starbase system interractive, and part of pvp, it will just be "for looks" or "for doff missions" or some other pointless waste of time when it has so much potential to be a major part of the game with endless replayability. We shouldn't let them go down an asthetic path, it would be a complete shame.

My view:
PvP = Holding Space = Unique PvE/exploration content = Unique (randomized race) Items

(hmm i like that simplistic view of my idea - might add it to my sig hehe)

Good for the game as a whole, and endlessly replayable.
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Aside from the unfortunate title of the thread, there are some genuinely legitimate ideas in here.

As jheinig has also mentioned, the schedule is tight, but both individually and as a company there is movement for improvements.

It's true, the movement on the official schedule is still slower than we'd like, since right now the focus is on starbases and fleet advancement, but this does lay the necessary groundwork to develop some things like territorial control and PvP improvements. It's not as fast as many of you - or those of us internally who are passionate about PvP - would ideally like, but development is a long process.

Of the improvements noted in here, the ones requiring programmer and user interface time are the ones least likely to be addressed in the short term. Content changes such as new maps is more likely in the mid-term, and balance changes and updates are planned to continue on an ongoing basis as Geko, Borticus, jheinig and I have time. Some of these latter issues are easier than others to address (for example, I am looking at Viral Matrix at the moment) and so following the rules of triage will probably be addressed first. The more difficult issues (for example, Tactical Team) will have to wait for larger windows with breathing space for one of us to look at.

To assuage any inaccurate rumors, Perfect World is in fact a big supporter of the idea of multiple factions and PvP. The issue right now is scheduling this and many other equally important things, prioritizing them, and developing them with the people and time we have.

well sorry heretic, actually im not. you uys say you care about pvp prove it. instead of adding all these stupid lockboxes and other c-store content. how about u spend that time improving pvp. you are constantly catering to pveers and just ignoring us pvpers. i really doubt it would be that hard for you guys to put some work in to pvp but it would require you to want to put the the effort in lol like thats gonna happen. all we pvpers want is a new map or 2 that would go a long way towards showing us pvpers u actually care about pvp and not like ur trying to push away those of us that do nothing but pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 45 pvp
04-10-2012, 03:38 PM
I just want a post from a dev saying that we will have new maps short term soon, and that other things will be added within 6 months, that doesnt sound unreasonable right? 6 months?
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-11-2012, 10:05 AM
bumping due to an update i'm really proud of.

as always, any feedback on any of the suggestions in this thread *mine or others* is more than welcome.

-and if you are in a pvp fleet - try and pry your fleetmates away from the game long enough to post your thoughts and concerns with pvp. - If the population that loves pvp is more vocal it could go a long way to getting pvp changes higher on their priority list.
Lt. Commander
# 47 update?
04-15-2012, 10:47 AM
which update are you refering to? did they do something to pvp?
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-16-2012, 09:58 AM
when i bump and mention 'update' - i mean i'm adding something to my original post - usually a new idea i'd like the devs to consider.

just look for the line in yellow. What's below that is the update - the yellow line includes the date i added them - so their easy to find.