Lt. Commander
# 11
04-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic
Torps are on shared cool down. No point running two at fore because you can only effectively use one.
Torpedoes are on a shared cooldown, it's 1.5s. 2 or Even 3 Photon Torpedoes can fire forward with no worries about the cooldown.

More Practically you can use 2 and some Torpedo DOFFs to get a near constant stream of the things. In STFs against the unshielded targets you'll be doing massive damage. Swapping back to an extra DHC will help on things that have shields.

If your going the twin Torps route I recomend using Photons. If I recall Cygones Maths correctly you got around 140 Torpedoes fired over 300s
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-16-2012, 03:55 AM
With 2x launchers, 2x Blue 1x Purple proj doff, Cygone got off 111 Quants and 126 photons in 300 seconds, without using skills like THY (which WILL proc the doffs).

Use quantums if you go twintorp+doffs - you'll be hitting the minimum cooldown most of the time anyways once your doffs are good, and your Torp Spreads will hit much harder
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-16-2012, 05:54 AM
The 2x dhcs plus 2x quantum torps works so well that right now all my toons are using this setup It even works well with less than ideal DOFFs, my weakest setup has only 1 blue and 1 common proj. DOFF so far and it already kicks plenty ***.

It's not that great in pvp, swap one torp out for another dhc there. But in pve the constant stream of torpedos with a spread whenever the cooldown is up is simply awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autistic_Cucoo
The 2x dhcs plus 2x quantum torps works so well that right now all my toons are using this setup It even works well with less than ideal DOFFs, my weakest setup has only 1 blue and 1 common proj. DOFF so far and it already kicks plenty ***.

It's not that great in pvp, swap one torp out for another dhc there. But in pve the constant stream of torpedos with a spread whenever the cooldown is up is simply awesome.
I might switch to another Quantum Torp, I just really like them.