Lt. Commander
I dropped the 'Hearts and Minds' mission so that I could look up the rewards again on one of my characters (Sutherland@Red_1999).

Unfortunately it will not allow me to restart the mission, having activated a cooldown timer, and I do not believe that the cooldown timer will allow me to pick it up again in time no matter what I do. Is there ANYTHING I can do to help with this process?

Thank you for your time. Apologies if this is the wrong forum but I'm still fairly new and I thought that the answer might help newbies.

EDIT: I tried a trick that was offered by a very helpful individual in-game via PM. They suggested that I team with someone going in to do the mission. Although this let me play the mission, this DID NOT let me get the mission officially, nor did it let me collect the rewards, to my chagrin. As such, I'm still in the same boat as before. I'm adding this note in hopes it might help someone else, somehow. And as per before, any further help would be appreciated.

EDIT: This morning it reverted to letting me into the mission. I sent my toon through and I now have a nice shiny Lirpa and DOff. I don't know what, if anything, the GMs/admin did, but if they did anything to help, THANK YOU.

NOTE TO NEWBIES - Don't drop a mission like this, please. Don't end up where I did!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2012, 01:40 AM
The Mission has a 20 hour cooldown on it. There are a great many missions that have this 20 hr cooldown.

If you drop it you may not be able to pick it up. In future it might be better to check STOwiki for rewards rather than dropping and reacquiring it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-16-2012, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
The Mission has a 20 hour cooldown on it. There are a great many missions that have this 20 hr cooldown.

If you drop it you may not be able to pick it up. In future it might be better to check STOwiki for rewards rather than dropping and reacquiring it.
Mine had 1 day, 20 hours for a timer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-16-2012, 03:38 AM
I did read in one of the blog posts that it only ran til around 3:00 AM EST Saturday Morning too.

It will be available this time from around 6pm PDT on Thursday, April 12, until around 6am PDT on Saturday, April 14.

I went to rerun it with on of my friends, and neither one of us didn't have it Friday afternoon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-16-2012, 03:51 AM
For future references now, just do the mission first, THEN look at the rewards. Never drop it to look at the rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-16-2012, 04:28 AM
It was a one time mission, even though it had a repeatable cooldown, it was taken down before that cooldown could reset so nobody could do it twice or in your case pick it up again after dropping.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-16-2012, 07:39 AM
I had an interesting experience when I, too, dropped the mission...

In the process of moving the chips around to shut down the system, I naturally ran out of time, so I had to respawn. This time I did not have to do the puzzle, which left me wondering if I would miss a reward or something, so I dropped the mission to see if I would be able to start it over.

As has been reported here, I was not permitted to play again, as the cooldown time that was indicated would carry it well past the scheduled end time of the event. I got a bit ticked off at my own foolishness, but decided to move on.

I proceeded to go to another sector, and once again clicked the menu to see what was available to me, when lo-and-behold I saw that it had been reset! Much relieved that I could now play this mission once again, this time I put on my environmental suit and took my sweet time solving the puzzle (whilst my BOff passed out as I slowly moved the chips around. It was OK, though, as he's a Borg and was none the worse for the wear...).

While I did experience a happy ending to this, I don't think I would count on any subsequent special missions to operate this same way. I think I have learned my lesson, and won't drop another one again.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Really? The EV suit worked on the gases? I just died, came back, and blew up the console...
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Yes, if we drop it without completing it the timer would show but would vanish allowing ti play it.

But if you completed it, the timer would stay.