Lt. Commander
# 1 what, no tip?
04-14-2012, 07:31 PM
I just completed the second in a foundry story arc(I've been playing my klingon lately and wanted to check out the commuinity authored stories specific to this faction). Once I'd placed my comments and rated the mission I went to pass along a thank you but the tip button was greyed out.

Hovering over it I was informed I couldn't tip the same author on the same day. Why not? This doesn't make any sense. As tipping is optional in the first place why should there be a prohibition on it? I enjoyed the second mission(a different "product" than the one I'd played previously and wanted to pass on my thanks).

Placing restrictions on this is counterintuitive to building an authoring commuinity. As a player there are limitations as to when I can can play. If that means a single long session on a weekend why should the author not get a pat on the back they deserve?

Have there been any other threads like this and have the developers fielded any answers for a question like this one?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Lifting the limit would be a quick and easy way to transfer DIL from one toon to an other. Simply by spamming the take, drop, send 100 combo.
Now If I want to transfer DIL, I would need to post contraband over to my other toon and then have him turn it in.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-14-2012, 11:49 PM
got it, wasn't thinking dirty enough.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2012, 08:49 AM
roll another f2p account
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Here's a thought...

Post that dilithium on the exchange for a low number. Withdraw the offer.

Log on in your other toon, withdraw it from the exchange bank.

Much easier. The only thing this 'stops' is individual people swapping dilithium, which is stupid restriction anyway. If they want it, and I'm willing to give it, why can't they bloody well HAVE it?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Because Dilithium has trouble keeping it's value in this star trek universe already...?

I remember when dilithium was worth "thousands of times it's weight in diamonds"
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Stargate525 was able to provide an alternate less than ethical solution that was much less labour intensive; Additionally with a 100 dilithium tip being the maximum contibution it seems there are many legitimate means of accumulating resources via gameplay that actually pay out far better rewards.

I may be wrong but I thought that was a peer testing phase among foundry authors before their adventures go commuinity wide.

If there were any control or cooldown placed on foundry missions wouldn't it be more appropriate to have them keyed to individual adventures rather than the authors? Sadly if I really like a mission that has chapters and have the time on my hands I'm going to play as many of them in a row as I can; I played the Atlas missions up to part 2 a few months back and only discovered there were two more up the other day. Looks like the author will get a tip but how will I remember the com code for the cardassian after all this time?