Lt. Commander
I'm working on my first foundry mission and I notice that the 'Save' project feature fails often. The latest time was early this morning when it timed out 6-7 times before finally saving. One time when clicking save it logged me off of the server, there by losing what I was trying to save. At least the auto-save did have what was saved before that happened (didn't lose much).

Where it happens
Editor - all sections (map,story, dialogs etc)

For the dialog issues, when I drag a dialog into the story, a lot of the time it will place it above the section I wanted it below. When I try to drag it to the proper place it starts rearranging my story line and breaking the chain. Usually have to rebuild that section over again because part of the time some of the dialogs completely disappear out of the story chain. I have also noticed this sometimes happens when adding 'Interact with object'.

Where it happens
Story editor
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Hmm... I haven't noticed the stuff with save. That could be a server issue this morning.

I think that maybe the stuff you're experiencing with the dialogues might be due to putting the tasks in story board before the objects are on the map.

It will move dialogues and tasks around on you if it's confused about which map it's happening on. For example, if you put a talk to contact or interact with object task down, and the foundry sees nothing in that map, it might move it above or below the map transition.

Does that help? If you want to get real time answers, then there is probably someone in our chat who could walk you through things here.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Most likely that is what is causing it then. I usually add the dialog to the story then place it on the map. If it does it again I will go and put it on the map and then see if I can put it in the right order. Thanks KF, btw love your missions and the host you play on Starbase UGC.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-17-2012, 05:37 AM
I know what your saving changes problem is. I get it too, but it only happens when I have poor Internet connectivity. Basically, it's trying to contact the servers to save the data and it can't keep the connection. As a default for when you go too long without being connected the game then boots you; as it now realizes it can't connect to the mothershi- main servers.

As for fixes... the bad news is if you can't fix your Internet connectivity you are out of luck. If you're like me and the fluxes happen at regular hours you can plan your foundry sessions around it. If not and it's just from your own draw via Torrents or some such. (Less pron when you are in the editor. (Is totally a joke btw) )