Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-18-2012, 08:42 AM
1. Ships come in 3 crates, like the free one did.

When I buy the ship package...do i claim it with ONE character or can all my characters claim all 3 ships?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiat View Post
1. Ships come in 3 crates, like the free one did.

When I buy the ship package...do i claim it with ONE character or can all my characters claim all 3 ships?
Yes, every toon you make from now on, can claim all 3.

I bought the bundle..., I figured in for a penny, in for a pound.

I'm using the ENG Version at the moment...

Let me start off by saying that I don't PvP, so my opinion is based solely on PvE & Normal STF's.

I tried using all three Ody Consoles at the same time, but found that the Aquarius, though cool looking, wasn't really all that useful compared to other consoles I already have.

The Saucer Seperation was quite useful in PvE missions, both as a bit of extra firepower and also as a great distraction when fighting multiple enemies.
It was quite robust as far as I could tell, with only a few times where I had to reinforce it with a sheild or hull heal.
Sending the Workbees off to buzz around it was usefull, as well as kinda cool looking.
I also like the fact that the Oddy is noticably more agile with the saucer off.

In the STF's it kinda gets lost in the frey, so it wasn't as great as I had hoped it would be.
(It also tends to drift off and park it's nose up against a Borg Cube or one of the Transwarp Conduits.)

As mentioned above the WorkBees were useful as fire-and-ignore aid to keep the Saucer alive longer, but as far as being useful for the Oddy herself..., Not So Much.

Again other consoles are more useful in the long run.

One funny thing I noticed about these is that if yer not in battle and just flying along, they drop in behind and below the Oddy, like little piglets with the snouts in the air, chasing after the momma sow for feeding time.
(they fly along with their arse-ends down and noses up, not straight)

Overall, I'm pleased with my purchase so far, though since I've only used the ENG Version my opinion is not complete at this time.

(I still miss my Celly though, I'm only at Diplomacy Rank 3 at the moment with my Dash toon and not having all those Transwarp Points on the PANDORA (my Oddy's name) is cramping my DOffin' style. )
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Wolf
Yeah, they did it this way because they didn't want to create a cruiser M/VAE which is exactly what I'm saying. I'm just paraphrasing what the devs have been saying since the topic came up.
I can copypaste what Multi-Vector Assault Module does, the argument that they "dont want to take away from the M/VAE" is fair ... if the Odyssey was a escort and the ability did not cost at least 2 console slots

In fact, lets take a look at Beta Section.

-10% Hull HP
+150 Impulse Speed
+15 Turn Rate
+5 Weapon Power
Crew Capacity set to 50
-10% Shield HP

Now lets look at Chevron Separation.

-15% Hull HP
+96 Impulse Speed
+10 Turn rate
+10 Weapons power
-5 Shields power
-5 Engine power
-5 Auxilary power
Crew Capacity set to 1,500(-1,000 crew)
-5% Shield HP

Again, there is a different cost for the ability and of course giving something that have 15 turn rate a extra 15 turn rate is just ... well just forget it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-18-2012, 10:15 AM
so I got a question.... eng Odyssey variant vs Galaxy-R with saucer sep?

would you say it's worth it for the extra console space, higher hull str, univeral boff stations and higher crew capacity?
I already have the Galaxy R and was debating upgrading to the Odyssey instead.

EDIT: Also it looks like the chevron sep is better than the saucer sep (more crew, higher impulse speed increase)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakyre View Post
so I got a question.... eng Odyssey variant vs Galaxy-R with saucer sep?

would you say it's worth it for the extra console space, higher hull str, univeral boff stations and higher crew capacity?
I already have the Galaxy R and was debating upgrading to the Odyssey instead.

EDIT: Also it looks like the chevron sep is better than the saucer sep (more crew, higher impulse speed increase)
Galaxy-R is worthless compaired, but IIRC cheaper.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
I can copypaste what Multi-Vector Assault Module does, the argument that they "dont want to take away from the M/VAE" is fair ... if the Odyssey was a escort and the ability did not cost at least 2 console slots

In fact, lets take a look at Beta Section.

-10% Hull HP
+150 Impulse Speed
+15 Turn Rate
+5 Weapon Power
Crew Capacity set to 50
-10% Shield HP

Now lets look at Chevron Separation.

-15% Hull HP
+96 Impulse Speed
+10 Turn rate
+10 Weapons power
-5 Shields power
-5 Engine power
-5 Auxilary power
Crew Capacity set to 1,500(-1,000 crew)
-5% Shield HP

Again, there is a different cost for the ability and of course giving something that have 15 turn rate a extra 15 turn rate is just ... well just forget it.
Yeah but you're completely missing the point, they're not talking about costs of ability or facts and figures or gameplay or taking up console slots. They're talking about the rule of cool.

They are saying they don't want another ship that can split into multiple parts and let the player choose which part they control because it makes the MVAE less unique. They are saying that by allowing the Odyssey to have control of the saucer, hull and escort means that MVAE becomes less special.

Watch the latest STOked episode as they explain their logic in greater detail there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Is the Odyssey bundle still available?

I, quite thoroughly, checked the C-Store earlier and whilst the Bortasqu bundle still appears to be available I couldn't see the Odyssey bundle anywhere (although they still appear to be available individually).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-15-2012, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
A +26% tac console buffs your damage by approx 6.5-7%
If anyone is wondering:
Sounds weird, but the reason for this is ... Cryptic Math, basically. There is a lot of "hidden" stuff going on that's not immediately apparent. Damage modifiers are basically applied to the base damage of items at Mark "0". Basically the type of weapons a starter ship had. Mark, Quality, ship level, your level, all that can add further multipliers to that base damage.

I believe I have the relevant dev post quoted somewhere in my Information thread linked in my sig.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-17-2012, 10:48 AM
The saucer also has Engineering Team to toss around. Don't forget about that.

I've used all 3 consoles in elite STFs and I've found them to be very useful. The catch however is that you cannot just fire and forget with 'em. A simple Extend Shields however can keep them alive through just about everything, and seeing how I play a support build anyway, is not a wasted skill to me.

And when dps is needed, I simply detach the saucer and boom...I'm almost an escort.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:54 AM.