Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubernaut
Sure, whatever.

I'm glad they're at least tweaking the drop rate up a little from the 0% it's currently at.
Also, I applaud the other anti-bullsh*tter updates.
I'd also be in favor of not making Elite STFs available until you've done 10-20 on normal difficulty, so there's a better chance your team will have captains that are properly equipped for the mission.
You clearly have no idea what those changes are going to do to balance within STF's. The changes are meant, if not intentionally, then unintentionally, to keep people in STF's longer. Not gate content by "skill".

But whatever. Personally i've always adhered to the belief that "less is not more". Restricting content is bad. If you want to gate content, do it in an engaging way. Not one meant to take players out of the game for arbitrary instances and amount of time.

Also, good on the person who got all their MKXII drops in 5 runs. Maybe if the drop system was more reliable that'd actually mean something (other then you got insanely lucky)!
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-15-2012, 09:09 PM
You can get MK XI gear with 40 EDC's.

Why not make the MK XII gear use the equipment drops OR a stack of 40 Prototype chips?
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChup47
Agreed. I like the suggestion above regarding Elite Data Chips.

There are any number of ways it could be done. For instance, for every ten Elite STFs you run you get an Elite Data chip as well as the normal data chip drops. 40 Elite data chips would entitle you to one piece. Sure that means you'd still have to do hundreds to get all the sets, but at least you'd be on your way and when you walked around in your full costume, people would know you've worked hard at the top level for it, no had chance and luck on your side.

10 runs = 1 chip = 400 runs for 40 chips = 1200 runs for a full set.

That's not really much of a solution, and it still says nothing about player skill.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Players skill has nothing to do with Tech Drops, I have seen some really horrible STFers with a full Mk XII Omega/MACO Ground sets. It is pure chance they got the drop and truly unfair. I really don't need the Mk XII gear but I ____ing want the Helmet. I have out survived a lot of MkXII gear officers in my Mk XI gear, but I want the helmet.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
As it is now they might as well give the set out via the lockboxes...
Don't be giving them ideas...