Lt. Commander
# 11
04-17-2012, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneth
Your probably gonna hate me for this but, I had enough CP to get one key, so i was like, what the hell lets try it. In TTS channel I was goofing off and saying "Ok one key one box lets see how lucky i am" Bam. There it was, the box btw was one of those green ones.

As for set up, i have not done any STF's and I probably wont since

A) Ive never done them, thus i have no idea how to do them.
B) Players tend to not explain how they work and presume you know them, if you dont they leave you out in the cold.

I would rather not bother with that junk, so what I did is I equipped it 'like' a beam boat with Phased Poleron beams, tractor beam mines and a cluster torp up front. I also have one normal poleron dual beam bank which I'm probably going to replace with the phased cannons. I originally tried to cannon the thing out but the turn rate was just too low to keep most things in my arcs, and anyway this thing is much like the Exc on how it moves (which is my favorite ship anyway)

It works rather well with my tac officer but I'm still on the fence as to what this ships role is so I'm doing a dps build which works rather well.
wow a lifer that doesnt know how to do stf's
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-17-2012, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog0000
Wow, a troll. Not everyone likes stfs. Just like a carebear doesn't know how to pvp. I hope you pvp so I can teach you a nice lesson.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-17-2012, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog0000
He paid his dues... he can play how he pleases....
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-17-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
@USS_Ultimatum, are you aware the D'kora can in fact slot DC and DHC?
I'm aware, but not having the ship I can't recommend a DC or DHC build without testing out the turn rate for myself.

Personally, I don't think I would go with DHC/DC build even with Battle Mode.

There are times you won't be in battle mode, and even with battle mode I'm not convinced the turn rate would be good enough to maximize usage of DHC/DCs. (If it turns like a Guramba in seige mode, than my opinion is that the turn rate is insufficient).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
That being said....

My current setup is

LtC Tact: TT1, HY1, TS3
Ensign Tact: TT1
Cmdr Eng: EPtS1, RSF1, ET3, AB3
Lt Eng: EPtS1, AtD1
Lt Sci: TSS1, HE2

(All Antiproton Weapons)
Fore: DBB, DHCx2, Quantum Torp
Aft: BA, Turretx2, Quantum Torp

*Above subject to chance soon, I've noticed Swarm Missile prevents torps from firing. Hence making have two torp skills nearly useless. I may switch the DBB for for a Single Cannon, switch out HY2 for Spread 2 and Spread 3 for CRF 2..... we'll see though

Problems I see with the build:

Weapons

Youíve taken DHCs, but no skills to increase their damage.

With no cannon skills, I honestly think you would be better off with beam arrays as they donít force you to keep your nose on target.

If youíre going to stick with cannons, get cannon skills and then work the rest of the build to support the cannons Ė otherwise the narrow firing arc is simply not worth it.

The same goes for the DBB, I donít see the purpose of it without BO.

Your rear load out only has 2 weapons to support your front facing weapons, and you are forced to face your target due to the weapon selection you have.

You want 3 turrets rear minimum, again without BO Iím not sure what the purpose of the rear array is. It doesnít overlap firing arc with any of your front weapons, you have no skills that benefit it and it doesnít help you when you are facing your target.

Take either a DBB OR a Torp Launcher with a skill to back either up, otherwise just grab a 4th turret.

You need to decide if you want to always keep your nose on target, or if you want to broadside.

If you want to keep your nose on target, all of your weapons & skills should be prioritized for that with at most one rear spike damage weapon.

Skills

You have 3 team skills, ET 3 is important enough that you should only have 1 copy of TT to make sure that youíre never locked out of using ET when you or a team mate needs it.

Iíd probably take Aux to SIF 3 over Aceton Beam, but admittedly I havenít used Aceton Beam much.

You have two Torp skills but, again, no cannon skills. Cannons are always the top priority on any ship that slots them.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-17-2012, 08:39 AM
The turn rate in battle mode is around 16deg/sec, which is about the same as a Galor as a point of reference.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-17-2012, 09:23 AM
I use mine as a DPS/Tank and it works pretty well. It does more damage than any cruiser due to the Battle Mode + 3 tactical console slots but in exchange you lose a bit of hull strength I think.

Right now I run:

6 Phased Polaron Beam Arrays
Fore and Aft Rapid Fire Transphasic Torps

3 neutronium Armor consoles
3 Polaron weapon consoles
Battle Module, Borg Console, +18% to shield console

Borg Deflector
Jem Haddar Engines + Jemhadar Shields (+7.5% to Polaron Damage)

Boffs:

EPtS1, RSP1, Aux2SIF 2, Aux2SIF 3
EPtS1, ET 2
BFAW 1, TorpS 2, TorpS 3
BFAW 1
Science Team 1, HE 2

I have 3 Duty officers which enhance torpedo recharge time. When I fire torps I launch 3 torpedo spreads at 3 different targets per shot. It's pretty ridiculous. The rapid fire torpedoes are almost always firing. I haven't noticed any issues with the Swarm Missile cooldown because its 3 minutes. There is no global torpedo cooldown with missiles as far as I know because I have fired torps and missiles in quick succession.

All in all I think it's a very powerful ship. Two of us had Dkora's and we both EMPed a BoP in PvP yesterday. At the same time my polaron weapons must have proc'ed...the thing lost power to all 4 subsystems. Shields, engines, everything. It floated dead in space until I killed it with a torp spread. It was hilarious.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-17-2012, 10:28 AM
let's see.. From memory

Weapons:
Front: 1Plasma DHC, 1 Plasma DC, 1 plasma Beam Array, 1 Quantum Torpedo
Rear: 2 plasma Beam Arrays, 1 Plasma Mine, 1 Plasma Torpedo

Equipment:
MACO Shield, and Impulse; Borg Deflector

Consoles
Engineer: RCS console, Anti-Matter spread, Enhanced Plasma Manifold
Science: Shield Emitter Amplifier ,Assimilated Module, Battle Module 3000
Tactical: Plasma Infuser, Automated Defense Turret, Photonic Displacer

Boffs
TS1 CPF1THY3
BFAW1

EPtA1, ET2, BP2, AtS3
EPtS1, RSP1

HE1, ST 2
Lt. Commander
# 18 3 words for the Ferengi Ship
04-18-2012, 09:33 AM
I

Love

It

I like to play a Torp boat, and with its bonus to torps, and the bonus from the KDF set, I blast away on STfs! , Always grabbing aggro.. but in this ship I can hold my own.

Front

1 Photon XII Borg
1 Rapid Fire Torp Launcher
1 Tricobalt Torp XII Borg
1 Dual Disruptor Cannons XII Borg

Rear

4 Disruptor Turrets XII Borg

Why the rapid fire torp you may ask?.. 2 second cooldown. and with 2 Blue Projectile Doffs.

Each time any torpedo is fired, they ALL get a chance on cooldown reduction! I generally get a Tricobalt out every 20 secs

Awesomeness

Oh and Honor Guard or whatever Deflector XI, and Shields XI.. Borg Engine,
2 Shield Consoles, Battle Module, Borg Console, Subspace jump, 2 XII Torp dmg boosters, 1 XII Disruptor Booster, and whatever else, I can't remember
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-18-2012, 10:26 AM
This might be a bit off topic (because it isn't about the build), but does the D'Kora have it's own interior?
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Played around with a couple different builds so far in eSTFs. All dhc cannon with spread 2 and beta1, split spread/rapid. DHC cannon with 1 or 2 quantums (and 2 purple torp doffs on the latter) and high yield 3, torp spread 1/2, again beta at one point. Slapped on Conn doffs and did HY 3, CRF or CSV 1, torp spread 1, and 1 tac team instead.

And...all felt blah. I'm not the biggest torp fan anyway, and with 2 I felt like I needed to keep them on autofire or cost too much dps, so sometimes the boff skills didn't fire exactly when I wanted them to. The cannon skills don't feel like they pack the same punch without the constant chain + AP:B rolling, let alone not having access the the 3 tier. And the turn rate is manageable in battle mode, but not great. On the plus side, plenty of engineering slots to fit Aux2Damp at least to help with turning. As mentioned elsewhere, the missiles are worthless.

So, I'm now happiest with an all beam build, setup

TT1, AP:B, FAW3
FAW1
EPTW1, EPTS2, Aux2Damp2, AB3 (I have no idea what to use here, this skill does not seem helpful though)
EPTW1, EPTS2
HE1, TSS2

3 Doffs to get TT1 down to global cooldown and to help with AP:B (can't afford ze purples yet to get away with 2 doffs). Others are whatever, currently a Warp Core Engineer and Shield Distro Officer

Battle Module 3k, Impulse Cell, RCS
Borg console, 2x Field Generators
3x Disruptor consoles

I'm a bit at a loss on what to take for engineering skills. If I bother to take this into pvp I'd have to do a bit more thinking, but in eSTFs most of the abilities seem pointless. Probably don't need Aux2Damp anymore with beam build, or the RCS console, so one of them will be dropped for Aux2SIF or resist console. And no idea on the comm engineer boff, maybe EWP3?

Also, all this is YMMV, as I have yet to grab the parser. Not that I'd trust it on the beam build with FAW spamming crap everywhere