Lt. Commander
# 61
04-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
But the Dominion, the Cardassian and now the Ferengi ship introduced via a lottery system, a precedence has been set, and we will only be seeing more of it.
Yes, the precedence is that non-faction, neutral ships, will be introduced through lockboxes.

Faction specific ships, such as the Odyssey & Bortasqu, will be released through the Cstore for purchase.

There is a precedent, but your conclusion is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thchild
Given this comment and what you said in the interview i am almost 100% certain the +1 Sovi will be involved in the ship Upgrade, Refit system you intend to introduce with fleet starbases.

However i am also certain that this system will involve Dilithium in some form or another, so yeah, it has a connection to the cstore right there.
I think both of those would be totally livable.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Lt. Commander
# 62
04-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Ultimatum
Yes, the precedence is that non-faction, neutral ships, will be introduced through lockboxes.

Faction specific ships, such as the Odyssey & Bortasqu, will be released through the Cstore for purchase.

There is a precedent, but your conclusion is wrong.
Maybe... Maybe not...

Cryptic has been known to change their plans on quite a few things in the past. So don't be surprised if federation and Klingon ship varriants start showing up in lockboxes at some point in the future. Not saying they WILL, but none of us, not even Cryptic at this juncture, can say with 100% certainty that they WON'T, wither.

It's all dependent on where the beancounters tell the suits that the money is at...
Lt. Commander
# 63
04-18-2012, 03:13 AM
[quote=whamhammer;4167133 If it wont cost us anything to have people use the Starbase Operations, you can join my fleet and have as much or as little of a committment with us as you want, just don't go into the 'fridge and take other peoples lunches. We hate it when people do that. [/QUOTE]

Lol well if thats the case might have to take u up on that.
Lt. Commander
# 64
04-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Saw it... Only think I kept thinking was: "Kumari: going into a grab-scam", "Sov+1: going into a grab-scam", "Ambassador: going into a grab-scam"...

They brought that on themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 65 Keep up the good work
04-18-2012, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJamz View Post
Actually, the things you pointed out on the Sovereign in-game are exactly as they are in the movie. However, the hull is too long (length-wise) and too tall (the belly is too fat). The nacelles are thusly pushed back further than they should be. The saucer is about 3% longer (from front to back) than the movie version.

This is... of course figured out whilst looking at the movie model on top of our in-game model.
First of I like to thank you very much for replying to my post so quickly . Two as Koppenflak has pointed out in the John Eaves schematic of the Sovereign Class
here....

http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com...nal-small1.jpg and here http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com...al-e-small.jpg

Also I found this on the net, http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com...se-e-stuff.jpg and http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com...-nem-small.jpg. Just to give a helping hand here. I am sure that the Sovereign Class in the game is not exactly how it looks in FC, INS and NEM?, could be wrong here. Also are we expecting her to look exactly as she does nemesis or maybe we will get to see the lost refit design? Maybe a 2409 skin on top of that? Once again thank you for posting and can't wait for the new stuff that is coming out.
Lt. Commander
# 66
04-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
I thought it would stand for Kant find Da Folgers
Oh, good one. Though I don't drink crap coffee. I'm something of a coffee/beer/smoke snob.
Lt. Commander
# 67
04-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Oh, good one. Though I don't drink crap coffee. I'm something of a coffee/beer/smoke snob.
Yeah, you may not drink it at the homeworld, but what happens when your B.O.P. cloaks and you can find the coffee maker? Instant it is!!
Lt. Commander
# 68
04-19-2012, 03:24 AM
hopefully the sovy refit will have good a boff layout.
Lt. Commander
# 69
04-19-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
Maybe... Maybe not...
You're welcome to whatever theory you like.

However you claimed precedent, but your conclusion was wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 70
04-19-2012, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Ultimatum
You're welcome to whatever theory you like.

However you claimed precedent, but your conclusion was wrong.
I would like to cite the precedent that they said the Mirror Universe Uniform would only be available through the Lifetime Sub purchase of Champions Online.

They changed that precedent pretty quickly when it came time to monetize those.

So don't dismiss Quirk as summarily as you are. He's been through quite a few Cryptic Flip Flops. I mean, MARKETING Campaigns.