Lt. Commander
# 1 Ferengi BO Uniform Selection
04-14-2012, 06:26 AM
I can't seem to find the Ferengi uniform option for my bridge officiers. The item description said you should be able to use on them.

Also, I can't open the skirt box that I purchased for my female bridge officiers since my character is male. What's up with that?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2012, 07:21 PM
That's because the Ferengi jackets (as that's the one piece I have) is an Off-duty uniform piece. Meaning your character is the only person who can wear it.

Unless/until they add an option to use off-duty outfits on BO's, you aren't going to be able to put it on a bridge officer. I wanted to use the ferengi jacket for my one ferengi BO on my fedside "merc" character.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
That's because the Ferengi jackets (as that's the one piece I have) is an Off-duty uniform piece. Meaning your character is the only person who can wear it.

Unless/until they add an option to use off-duty outfits on BO's, you aren't going to be able to put it on a bridge officer. I wanted to use the ferengi jacket for my one ferengi BO on my fedside "merc" character.
Wait. So the first addition to klingon costumes since day one and you can't even use them on your boffs?

Did I read that right?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Nope, the jackets can't even be used as klingons. As klingons don't have an "off-duty" selection. I didn't try to use the box on my KDF character though, I handed it to one of my feds. That's when I figured it out.

As I hear, those warrior skirts are fully useable by KDF captains and BOs. No firsthand experience though.

But yes, the Ferengi jacket cannot be used by bridge officers. At all. I could possible get a screenshot of the selection if you wish.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Item Description!
04-16-2012, 08:57 PM
The item description even clearly states that they can be used on all customizable BOFFs. However, I bought it, and it cannot be used on Boffs after all.

Just make these a uniform selection, so Boffs and KDF can use them. I actually might have spent the crystals on something else if I knew it didn't work on boffs (like it says it does) ahead of time.

Please make this right somehow. (P.s., I don;t usually say things like this, but changing the description is not the way to make it right. Making it more usable IS.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettorix View Post
The item description even clearly states that they can be used on all customizable BOFFs.

Just make these a uniform selection, so Boffs and KDF can use them. I actually might have spent the crystals on something else if I knew it didn't work on boffs (like it says it does) ahead of time.

Please make this right somehow. (P.s., I don;t usually say things like this, but changing the description is not the way to make it right. Making it more usable IS.)
Agreed. I figured it wouldn't be useable for klingons anyway as it wasn't even in the store, but for it to say they are usable on the BO's, be fully available for fedside and then be off-duty?

No thanks. if it wasn't for the fact I can't buy the keys to open boxes, I'd still go for that BO/missiles only on my characters :/ since the uniforms are clearly rather limited.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-17-2012, 07:26 PM
I would personally like to see a Dev reply to this one as to what they are going to do to correct the issue. I would hope they add Off Duty uniform selection to the Bridge Officers. I, too, purchased a Ferengi Entrepeneur Jacket, and would like to purchase the female options, but don't see the point if my BO's can't wear them!!! Please either switch them to 'uniform' pieces, or make off-duty outfits available to BOFFs and KDF. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 8 They are not cheap and
04-17-2012, 10:01 PM
They cost a arm and leg and the do not do what they said even the Klingon Warrior skirt on Orion Females will not let you use Orion Female Sandles. PW/Cryptic are going the CHEAP way out and not fixing anything but just changing the text so they agree with current bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Posted this in the general section and was sent to this thread so I will post it here as well.. because I am irate...

OK.. gonna vent here so hold on....

I just dropped a stupid amount of money to acquire the Ferengi clothing for my Ferengi Captain and his all female Ferengi bridge crew....

Go to the tailor and guess what? My bridge brew cannot even wear the Ferengi clothing because it was made as an "Off Duty" uniform and bridge officer's cannot use "Off Duty" uniforms. Total BS! Bridge Officers can wear Bajoran cloths, TOS, First Contact, Councilor, Seven of Nine, etc... but not these SUPER EXPENSIVE cloths... why?

Why can't I have a Ferengi Captain, in a Ferengi D"Kora.. with a Ferengi crew wearing Ferengi clothing if its what I purchased? Even the description states that they can be worn by the Bridge Crew.....

And don't go and in typical Cryptic fashion and change the description in the patch and not actually flip the switch and make them available as uniforms like you should. Help out the people in this game who dropped a lot of money and got shafted instead of taking the easy road and changing some text then shrugging your shoulders and saying "Sorry, its too complicated on the back-end".

Off my soapbox...