Lt. Commander
# 1 Sensor Analysis
04-18-2012, 08:23 PM
So what exactly does sensor analysis do? Does it debuff just the hull? Does it help with subsystem targeting? Is it worth it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeoftrek View Post
So what exactly does sensor analysis do? Does it debuff just the hull? Does it help with subsystem targeting? Is it worth it?
It increases the damage your weapons do to a specific target the longer you focus on that specific target.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2012, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeoftrek View Post
Its not a question of wether it is worth it or not, it's a passive ability that you can not turn on or off.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
Its not a question of wether it is worth it or not, it's a passive ability that you can not turn on or off.
But it's a passive ability that you can take advantage of or not. If you're constantly switching targets then it's practically off or if you fire off the subsystem attack immediately after selecting the target you'd get no bonus.. If you let it linger and build up first, then the improved damage can be substantial.

I understand that quantity of damage dealt during a subsystem attack modifies the drain, but that might be faulty memory. *shrug*

Letting it build up is the reason that I normally select a gate in kitomer and don't deselect it. I hit probes via Fire at Will and Torpedo Spread.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2012, 08:40 AM
It increases your damage to that target as long as you remain locked on to it and within 10km, it stacks up to 10 times which equals 33% extra damage (3.3% per stack).
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krenlik View Post
But it's a passive ability that you can take advantage of or not. If you're constantly switching targets then it's practically off or if you fire off the subsystem attack immediately after selecting the target you'd get no bonus.. If you let it linger and build up first, then the improved damage can be substantial.

I understand that quantity of damage dealt during a subsystem attack modifies the drain, but that might be faulty memory. *shrug*

Letting it build up is the reason that I normally select a gate in kitomer and don't deselect it. I hit probes via Fire at Will and Torpedo Spread.
Weapon power of damage have no effect on the magnitude of the SS attack. The SS attack drain is modified by FlwC and the diable duration is affected by SubD