Lt. Commander
# 121
04-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Hi Captains,

Slight update to the Blog -- "Datacores" are actually called "Reman Datalogs".

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
After 12 pages of complaints it's good this was fixed. Oh wait, this one wasn't one of the complaints... lol

I'll go ahead and take this chance in my first post to voice my objection to this being a time gated event as well. An STF or daily style timer would be fine and acceptable if you want to limit how many times we play in a day. Making it an all day event for a couple of days every week would also be acceptable. However, making it inconvenient for me to play at times when I can sit down and play the game is not acceptable. If you want people to play the game and see a value in spending money in the game, don't make playing the game an inconvenience.

I already have enough stuff I have to do and schedule for, games are how I relax when I'm not required to do anything. I don't want to schedule time for content I want to play in a game that is purely for entertainment. That's the same reason I have a DVR and Netflix. I can watch what I want to watch, when I want to watch it, and I gladly pay for the convenience.
Lt. Commander
# 122
04-19-2012, 10:19 AM
vault is bugged, not starting! help!
Lt. Commander
# 123 Not bugged, but EPIC FAIL
04-19-2012, 10:26 AM
No it is not bugged, but instead the queue is too big. I entered after 10 mins of the start of the event, and the q is of 448. I'm curious how long I will wait. Or if I will start the mission. That is a possibility too for Cryptic these days.
A, and btw I'm a gold player, I don't wanna think about a normal one, if they respect the priority login.
Nice way to start a new campaign of rage Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 124
04-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Queue for this has been bugged for an hour pretty much...what a total fail. And this was my only time to do this b/c guess what....we get limited timing for a broken queue and some people are busy.

You are really pushing it Crpyitc.
Lt. Commander
I know that this post will be removed, but for what you have done today, I bilieve you are in the same situation ( the devs, and more exactly the one that had the ideea about this event):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zKDQfVbWqc
I spent 20 mins in aqueue. After that as ussual people don't read the text and fail the mission. So thank you Cryptic.
Bhh.
Lt. Commander
# 126
04-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Can we stop adding events that we have to play on YOUR schedule and let us play them when we are actually able??

From what I could tell it takes 3 datalogs to start each of the first assignments, then 10 for each upgrade. How are we supposed to get that many when the event is only an hour long (and with a broken queue system) and only playable when YOU say so?
Lt. Commander
# 127
04-19-2012, 11:13 AM
New Content: Yay!
This game can use it, so all the more good stuff you can add to the game, the better. I'm happy that you're bringing back Obisek, by far my favorite STO character. I hope by the phrasing "Listen for his instructions..." there will be more voice over by the same actor reprising the role. It was great during the FE and I'd love to get more of it!
Shuttles: Meh.
I know many people like 'em, and God Bless 'em. Not really my thing, if I'm being honest. My biggest beef is the "hassle" I have to go through to switch ships, swap equipment, reseat my BOs, setup my power trays, etc. before a mission, then have to repeat/reverse to get back into my normal ship. My dislike of shuttles, though, could take a backseat if the mission itself were worthwhile.
New Mk XII Very Rare Ship Equipment: Cool!
I'm always keen to get new gear, especially VR Mk XII goodies. Romulan/Reman-themed to boot sounds groovy!

My only fear is this will be yet another grind fest.
Another "Currency": Fail.
Whether these are actually intended to be another currency or if they are supposed to be more like a commodity or crafting material, the fact is these Datalogs (nee Datacores) sound like yet another item we have to store in our Inventory/Banks. We were supposed to have less Currency in this game after the Dilithium Unification, but we keep getting more and more. And storage space in this game is too limited to be introducing another cell-filling "currency".
Scheduled Event: EPIC FAIL!!!
This is a deal-breaker for me guys. I'm an adult with work, family, friends, etc. I do not plan my life around a game's schedule. I play when I'm available to do so and when I am, I want to do what I want to do. (I am afterall, the paying customer!) If I feel like playing an STF, I do that. If I feel like replaying an old mission, I do that. When I want to RP, perform character maintenance (dailies, DOffing, make Exchange posts, etc.), PvP, and so on - I do those things. Whatever I am in the mood for.

Please consider the nearly unanimous feedback in this thread. Put a "daily" (or less/longer, as you see fit) cooldown if you feel you really must limit the content's availability. Put some kind of "Bonus Rewards" Event in place (as you do with the STFs, Crafting, Mining, etc.) -- Those are fine, great even -- But, please don't lock content behind your convenience.

Mirror and Defera hold little interest to me because they aren't scheduled when I'm available and feel like doing them.

Looks like this new content will also be wasted for me. THUMBS DOWN TO SCHEDULED-ONLY EVENTS!
Lt. Commander
# 128 End Scheduled Only Events!
04-19-2012, 11:15 AM
This is just bad.

Man, I almost wish there was a facebook page against these timed events..would almost be tempted to make a FB account to join it haha
Lt. Commander
# 129
04-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Hi Captains,

Slight update to the Blog -- "Datacores" are actually called "Reman Datalogs".

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
That sounds like something Data's half-brother B4 left sitting in the toilet.
Lt. Commander
# 130
04-19-2012, 11:48 AM
as u only need to complete the event 48-50x to get a full MKXII space set of reman eq. ,
it is a good thing, that the event is not repeatable once a hour.

but it would be nice to have the possibility to complete it TWICE A DAY, or 10 times a week or whatever..

at any time..

that way - no queues, everybody happy worldwide