Lt. Commander
# 11
04-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Nice FAQ Red_1999, well done!
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-18-2012, 10:46 AM
I can confirm that you get a free ship on levelling. I can also confirm that THE ONLY SHIPS you can TOSS and reclaim are C-STORE ships. Toss that fishbowl sci ship or the Stargazer and it's gone for good
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by annemarie30
...Toss that fishbowl sci ship or the Stargazer and it's gone for good
Well, gone for good for free, sure, but you can still pay (Dilithium?) to buy it again.

Pretty much every ship can be some how (possibly through re-purchase) reacquired.

Exceptions/Notes:
Fed's starter-ship (Miranda-class). If you dismiss this ship, you can never get it back. This may also be true for the KDF starter (B'rel), but I'm not certain. There has been Dev talk that they "some day might" add a way to reclaim the Miranda, but it's all wishful thinking at this point.

Basic Flagships (Odyssey and Bortas) that were given away for the 2-year event. You can always purchase the C-Store variants, but the freebees are truly gone for good once dismissed.

Legacy Ships: Delta Flyer, T3 Excelsior, T3 Nebula. These ships used to be available directly in-game (The latter (DF) originally via a quest, the former two (T3 E/N) from the ship vendor via EC), and if you had them when they were pulled you still have them. If you dismiss one of these legacy ships now, you can only get them back again via the C-Store.

LockBox Ships: Jem'Hadar Bugship, Cardassian Galor, Ferengi D'Kora. If you dismiss one of these they are also gone for good. The first two are currently retired. The only place to (maybe) still find one is on the Exchange. The Bugships are rare/expensive (~500M EC), the Galor are fairly common (~80M EC). The D'Kora is also available on the Exchange (last I bothered to look, for ~150M EC. I expect that to go down, if it hasn't already.). Of course, since not (yet) retired, this last one might also still be re-acquired from another Lucky LottoBox draw.

Correction Edit: Thank you to Sakarak for pointing this out - The "Christmas" and "Cardassian" Lockboxes no longer drop (are officially retired), but as long as there are any left in the game (and many players still have them stashed away and/or are selling them on the Exchange), you still have a(n infinitesimally small) chance to get the Bug and Galor from those (respective) boxes.
...I think that about sums it up.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Well, gone for good for free, sure, but you can still pay (Dilithium?) to buy it again.

Pretty much every ship can be some how (possibly through re-purchase) reacquired.

Exceptions/Notes:
Fed's starter-ship (Miranda-class). If you dismiss this ship, you can never get it back. This may also be true for the KDF starter (B'rel), but I'm not certain. There has been Dev talk that they "some day might" add a way to reclaim the Miranda, but it's all wishful thinking at this point.

Basic Flagships (Odyssey and Bortas) that were given away for the 2-year event. You can always purchase the C-Store variants, but the freebees are truly gone for good once dismissed.

Legacy Ships: Delta Flyer, T3 Excelsior, T3 Nebula. These ships used to be available directly in-game (The latter (DF) originally via a quest, the former two (T3 E/N) from the ship vendor via EC), and if you had them when they were pulled you still have them. If you dismiss one of these legacy ships now, you can only get them back again via the C-Store.

LockBox Ships: Jem'Hadar Bugship, Cardassian Galor, Ferengi D'Kora. If you dismiss one of these they are also gone for good. The first two are currently retired. The only place to (maybe) still find one is on the Exchange. The Bugships are rare/expensive (~500M EC), the Galor are fairly common (~80M EC). The D'Kora is also available on the Exchange (last I bothered to look, for ~150M EC. I expect that to go down, if it hasn't already.). Of course, since not (yet) retired, this last one might also still be re-acquired from another Lucky LottoBox draw.
...I think that about sums it up.

Actually, you can still get the Jem'Hadar and Galor ships from any lottery tickets you have stored or choose to buy.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Yes you can buy them back just clarifying that if you toss a free ship you cannot get it back for free
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-19-2012, 07:05 PM
For what its worth, here are a few notes to update your OP. Feel free to steal them.

I can confirm that there used to be a mission to craft a Delta Flyer. This mission required you to do a daily repeatable mission several times to collect particle traces while in a shuttlecraft of some sort, and was available to any Lt.Cmdr or higher character. I did this mission myself back in the day, and I still very much enjoy my Delta Flyer. The mission did not grant an account-wide unlock, so it would have to be repeated on each character. The crafting mission was removed in the transition to F2P.

The prototype Odyssey has a crew of 2,500, not 1,000.

Free Veteran Rewards ships are granted at the following levels -
400 days: Captain's Yacht (a fancy shuttle)
600 days: VA Ship Token. This is not an account-wide unlock, but each character on the account may receive the token and claim their own choice of ship. Because this is not a purchase, you DO NOT get to reclaim the ship for free if you discard it. You can claim any of the ships that cost dilithium with this token, including captain-refits like the cloaking Defiant, but not the VA +1 refits. Basically, this is what subscribers (which was everyone) used to get before F2P went live.
1,000 days: Starship Variant. This has yet to be detailed, but my guess would be that allows you to claim for free your choice of any ship, on a per-character basis. Since there are no players at this stage of veteran rewards until the end of the year, we have no official word on what exactly this reward is, so it could be something new and special.

Ship slots. Gold players get free bonus slots at several Veteran Reward tiers. Additional slots are also purchasable, up to (I believe) a maximum of 25 per character.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
Actually, you can still get the Jem'Hadar and Galor ships from any lottery tickets you have stored or choose to buy.
D'oh! Good call. Thanks, I'll update my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annemarie30
Yes you can buy them back just clarifying that if you toss a free ship you cannot get it back for free
Understood.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-19-2012, 10:51 PM
+1 Great for new players, should be in official FAQ!!
Lt. Commander
# 19 Great Q&A
04-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Very Nicely done but u forgot to mention that players can buy more ship slots from the cstore as well otherwise a must read for players who ask these questions
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Starting KDF players get the B'rel BoP, but may speak to J'mpok and receive a token. They can then visit the shipyard and choose a Raptor or Cruiser with that token.

Quote:
Q: I heard there was a mission to craft yourself a Delta Flyer?
A: Previously, you could complete a Daily mission in a shuttlecraft to gather special particle scans. Once your character had 10 of these scans, they could craft the Delta Flyer. This daily mission was removed from the game. Characters who earned a Delta Flyer this way will still keep it, but should NOT dismiss it, as they will be unable to reclaim the shuttle. The only way to currently receive a Delta Flyer is through the C-Store.
Closed Thread